Painting MDF

I'm finishing a table I made from MDF. It is a card table and I want a durable HIGH gloss finish. What paint should I use and how should I apply it? Spray? what kind of gun? Thanks...
--
HomeBrewer

http://home.earthlink.net/~t3e871/index.html
First thing prime it w/ Kiltz or some type of primer. Then paint it to your hearts content. Spray will normally turn out better then a brush - but it also depends on what you are going to paint it w/.

Spray?
On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 03:20:44 GMT, "HomeBrewer"

Polyurethane paint, over a suitable primer. Spray if you wish, or roll and back brush, or simply brush.
Jeff
I just got done spraypainting a big piece of MDF for an activity table for my son and I wish I had done two things differently. First, I should have sealed it with some kind of primer because the surface is kind of porous. Second, I wish I had applied the paint with a roller like I was painting a wall rather than spraypainting it because the spraypaint ended up being kind of splotchy and uneven.
I've painted MDF and had no problems just using 2 coats of Gliddan Latex paint.