(OT) What's for supper

Bar-B-Qued pork steak with cream of leek and asparagus soup. Yum-yum
basilisk
Orville Redenbacher's finest.

Around here tonight it is whatever the Red Cross shelter people are making or MREs if you are lucky. Last night it was Sweet and Sour chicken with white beans and cornbread and all of the fresh fruit and cake you could eat, Sunday night it was Bar-B-Qued pork shoulder with all the trimmings for about 200 while they watched the Supper Bowl.
We have part time electric and propane heat so are in good shape, even had some shop time. A lot of our neighbors are with out electricity and don't expect to get it for up to 2 to 3 weeks. The shelter in our county is down to about 15 people right now with a few hundred coming in for take out meals. North of us the NG is giving out MREs until the Red Cross can get feeding units in. So far 80% of our county is accessible but to the north they have less then 50% in some areas. Things are getting better rapidly and expect a lot of kerosene heaters and generators to show up at yard sales this summer. Lost three trees in my yard a Sassasafras, a Apple and a Water Maple. Part of an Oak hit my roof and lost a few shingles and the gutters. It has been an interesting week, I have been doing emergency Ham traffic at the EOC., that was interesting.
Curran Copeland wrote:

Ive seen KEMA and TEMA, Red Cross, Baptists, Salvation Arlmy, National Guard, a whole lot of Joe Sixpacks all doing what they can. The state was praising FEMA in a news release, so I guess they are in Frankfort.
Obama hasn't been in office a month yet. If FEMA's doing bad, it's the dept. that the Bush Admin. never oversaw correctly. It was a bureaucracy that shuffled papers and held meetings about meetings, but couldn't actually act.
If it's doing OK, then it's the FEMA that the Bushies started on the road to getting it's act together.
It's too soon to tag Obama with a positive or a negative about FEMA.

There you go, spoiling a good political rant with facts. Two weeks in office ought to be plenty of time to turn around a 2,600 employee agency. It's not like Obama has anything else in his in-box.
-- Doug

Now THERE's a traditional Chinese dish! What? No blackeyes or speckled butter beans?
Dave in Houston
basilisk wrote:

:~/

Now I'm jealous, I only had a diet pepsi.
basilisk