Asparagus

Where I live, we have wild asparagus all around. Is this different than cultivated asparagus? Can we just go out and dig it up and bring it to our garden? Do we plant it in clumps or rows or what? Lots of water? Little water?

Tips and caveats appreciated.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

It transplants poorly because of a huge deep root system. Better to start your own plants from seed and transplant the next year. The "wild" is the same stuff, so cut it and enjoy!

Gary Woods