OT. Uses for cat litter pails?

The subject pretty much covers the question. Does any one know of any uses for the 35# cat litter pails? They are a cube about 1 foot on a side I already use some for cut offs(obligatory wood ref) and de-icing salt, garden tools and the like any one have other uses they can share? Thanks for any help. Larry
--
larry in Cinci

larry in cinci wrote:

1. Places like Pet Smart (?) let bring your own container to purchase litter and you get to pay a little less. Share these with friends who have cats and change to a pet store that lets you bring your own container. 2. Set them aside to dry paint and varnish you no longer want. Do this a few times and take the container to the dump. 3. Cut bottoms off and place around new plants. Cover tops with plastic if expecting frost/freeze overnight. 4. Clean 'em up and take to local elementary school. They are always looking for containers for one use or another. 5. Drill a few holes in the bottom and use them for container gardening. 6. Drill a few holes in the bottom and build rough cedar planters around them. Nice to lift out a plant that has gone by and replace with some other plant you have been nursing along. 7. See if your dump has a "too good to throw away" location and drop them off there. Bet someone will pick them up in a few seconds. If your dump doesn't have a "too good to throw away" location get them moving towards making one.
HTH, Josie
larry in cinci wrote:

Cocktail glasses.     j4
larry in cinci wrote:

put the lid on! ;)
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Party hats.

back up from the boat (but not too often with my luck at fishing). I gather the tools I'll need for a particular job, put them in the bucket and carry it to the job. Tom.
Hi, I store bird feed in them, better then the bags.
Tony
--
A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls.
George W. Bush

the dump. Probably no suprise that I always need more to take it out than I needed to bring it in.     Some folks say cats are full of crap. The ones that live here cannot be...judging from their output! *smile*.     Regards     Dave Mundt

Need storage for hardware and stuff?
Fasten them together in rows and put them on the wall with wood screws holding the bottoms to a wall.. great for sorting hardware, etc...
I did one for my kid out of those small plastic milk crates..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis wrote:

Shoot, that might be a good idea in the laundry for socks!
Josie

I use a cat litter pan I found along the road to hold little-used tools. It and tools are in a filing cabinet a neighbor set out on the curb with a free sign. So I took it. Happy Spring. Joe
mac davis wrote:

Replacements for the 25 & 50 lb cardboard boxes nails come in: when the box gives out, dump the nails into a pail (works with screws, too). I always keep a few handy.
Dan