OT us soldiers re-enlisting at a high rate?

Page 5 of 5

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is, but I've heard this mis-statistic quoted to suggest that military retention and recruitment is up, or that military morale is high.
I think our troops deserve our respect for the fine job they are doing. But anyone who follows the news or has relatives on active duty (as I do) would know that there is a broad stop-loss in effect for most of the military, and that recalls have even been issued for recently retired IRR military. The reason stop-loss and recall orders are issued is obvious: more troops are needed than are currently available by normal means.
Regardless of political viewpoint, people should understand that our regular military, reserves, and guard are stretched very thin.