bath trap: high flow rate

Hello,

I was browsing Toolstation's web site and found that they sell "high flow" bath traps from Wirquin. I am rather puzzled by these. Why should they offer a faster flow than any other type of trap? Is there a significant difference in speed, or is it just marketing?

The trap looked rather thin to me. I had a browse on Wirquin's web site and it also boasted that they were unblockable due to having smooth sides. Don't all traps have smooth sides? I would still expect a trap to clog with long hair.

Has anyone used these, and what were your experiences?

Thanks.

Reply to
Stephen

We've got one in our bath - a popup waste.

I'm not entirely convinced myself, but suspect the flow rate is a little better than it was with a standard plug on the old bath...

Our new bath has a slightly long run (about 1m further) - and has a slightly higher capacity / volume compared to the old back - and I reckon it drains quicker.

The only comment I would make is that if it's the popup sort, the pop- up plug bit can be dislodged easily if you nudge it with your feet if you're in the shower :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson

We have a "high-flow" trap on our new shower and I have to say that it really works. We have a high flow shower and a very shallow shower tray so the potential for problems with a partial blockage is quite high. As an experiment at the end of the commissioning process I removed the decorative cover and deliberately blocked the top with my foot. I let the tray fill up and then took my foot away. The result was almost scary, it really did drain very quickly.

Reply to
Calvin