What is heat pump cycle rate?

I can set my thermostat for different cycle rates.

Fast Medium Slow

FA ME SL

0.9°F 1.2°F 1.7°F

What does this actually mean and any recommendations?

Reply to
Saucer Man

Installing a new stat?

Reply to
<kjpro

cycle rate refers to (heat or cool) to the delivery rate, think about it as a sensitivity to the change in temperature (high or low sensitivity) or as some tstats express it as a simple integer value within 1 hour, ie. the maximum numbers of cycles allowed within a 60 min timeperiod.

in your case the Fast setting would cause system to come one with a 0.9 setpoint change as opposed to more slowly respond to a Slow change of 1.7 degrees. Clearly, the Fast setting will run more cycles in one hour and will not allow large variations to occur within limits of your tstat temperature setpoint

hope that helps

Reply to
Len_HVAC

Yea...just finalizing the intial setup.

Reply to
Saucer Man

Yes. Thanks. The tstat defaults to 1.2 so I think I will leave it at that.

Reply to
Saucer Man