OT: Unsatisfying Dryer Repair Question

Go to throw some clothes in the dryer to tumble some wrinkles out. Turn dial and press Start button. Nothing. Huh? Yah, it was making noise before but it didn't seem to be straining and quickly checked for power. Yup, got 240.
Too busy to look at it during the week, but googled a buncha sites about trouble shooting. Coupla thermal overload fuses, could be a bad switch....
Check all that. Nope, all good.
Gah, gotta pop the carcass open to check out the motor, etc... Take the drum out and plug old faithful in. Turn dial, hit switch. Motor spins! WTF?! So huh. Maybe bearings are bad and the load of the drum causes it to bind? So I spin both the drum bearings and motor arbor pressing with my hand. Smooooottthhhhh..... Put it all back together and give it a go. Nothing. Weird! Take it apart again and in the process, note I had forgotten to plug it back in - D'oh! Put it back together again and PLUG IT IN. Fire it up. Clunk is gone and spins like a champ!
Hooray! But... what the hell did I do? There was mention of a 'belt switch' on the repair sites but none of them actually showed you where/ what. And the belt appeared to be properly routed. Huh. Well, I have fixed many a device via the same process. Not working, take apart, re-assemble and it works. Fishing reels, bicycle components....
Anyone got an idea what I may have fixed?
D'ohBoy
D'ohBoy wrote: ...

loose connection somewhere...
D'ohBoy wrote: [snip]

libation to the Appliance Gods is in order and perhaps the sacrifice of a steak.
    mahalo,     jo4hn
Oh and the libation is subject to the 5 second rule: If it hasn't been consumed by the Gods in 5, it's yours.

You must be orthodox. Here we give Them 3 seconds.

*holding monitor to my forehead*..mmmmmmmmm I'm getting some vibes....
yes
here it comes
DOOR CUTOUT SWITCH slightly linted... . . . maybe

Been there, drank that.
-Zz