OT:this had to take some planning

They're eccentrically weighted.

I first saw this a few months back. It took more than 600 failures before they got the whole shot to work.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Craig

Excellent use of "eccentrically". I read the article in the Daily Telegraph a few weeks ago. Pretty impressive work. I like the part of the story where they show it to the big guys back in Japan and they say it's amazing what you can do with trick photography. Then they explain that it's all real and actually happened just as shown in one take. (or in 607 takes depending on your POV).

todd

Reply to
todd

Ah.

So, any way you wanna slice it, you probably don't want those wheels on your car, right ? Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan

Technically, it's in two shots, and does have a little digital work. There is a break in the middle (I can't quite remember why, but it was a physical limitation, they just didn't have a choice) that was spliced together with a little digital touchup.

Still, freakin' amazing work.

david

Reply to
D K Woods

Reply to
Xane "MegaWolf" T.

Where does this story come from? All the regular published stuff I have read says one take, no digital tricks, period. Yet, I have seen this statement about having to put together 2 half takes with some digital splicing on several Internet newsgroups. It doesn't matter too much, but if there is a definitive source for the 2 shot story I'd like to know what it is.

Bill Ranck Blacksburg, Va.

Reply to
ranck

There aren't any "tricks", it's just a splice. The digital part is to make a seamless transition between the two parts (where the muffler rolls across the floor). Supposedly the room wasn't long enough to lay out the whole thing at once. I don't know where the "one take" story came from, probably an over-simplification by a reporter somewhere.

There is a page with a lot of links at:

There's a complete flash animation of the ad at the top, just hit "stop" if you don't want to wait for it to load. Down below on the same page are these links (watch line wrap):

At least a couple of these will mention the splice.

Reply to
Ron Bean