OT The Quilt

Page 1 of 2
A few of you were interested in seeing the quilt that my wife was working on when I was showing the Lamp I built for her long arm machine.
This is obviously the over all top.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/29689997841/in/dateposted-public/
Close up of the center.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/29772546735/in/dateposted-public/
Close up of a corner.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/29480315180/in/dateposted-public/
And the center of the back.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/29660094562/in/dateposted-public/
Leon wrote:

To mine eyes (and I think, to anyone's), that is dern-impressive quilting!

On 9/18/2016 3:21 PM, Bill wrote:

Nice, but what did you expect. It all comes out of the "House of Leon" where excellence is merely average work for the craftsfolk there.;)
Veddy nice indeed

Well there were a few discussions as to how to do this. The patterns are wider than the depth capacity of the machine. Soooo that doing what could be done and then removing the quilt, clocking it 90 degrees and filling in the blanks.

I'll letter know. ;~)
On 9/18/2016 3:21 PM, Bill wrote:

Ill pass that on. This is her first big and complicated quilt and likely any future quilts will not be any more difficult.

Leon wrote:

Very nice Leon - pass it along to the wife. My soon to be ex-wife does a fair amount of quilting and is quite good at it, so I have some appreciation for the work that goes into these efforts
--
-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@windstream.net
On 9/18/2016 3:34 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

Thank you Mike, I'll pass that on. She will appreciate the comments.

I'd show it to my wife, but it could cost me big bucks. She has three machines already.
That is really nice work.
On 9/18/2016 4:06 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

It's a slippery slope, no? LOL
Actually the robotics are becoming available from after market. This seems to be cut adding the cost of adding robotics to a long arm machine in half. Still pricey, like buying a high end table saw with all the accessories Instead of buying a new car. ;~)
The bait..... ;~)
http://quiltez.com/

On 9/18/2016 4:21 PM, Leon wrote:

On 09/18/2016 4:17 PM, Leon wrote:

There are still people who do quilting the old fashion way with a needle and thread.
On 9/18/2016 4:23 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

That is how my wife learned to quilt, no machine at all, about 15 years ago.
On 09/18/2016 5:25 PM, Leon wrote:

members's weddings, births, etc, in the years we have been married. All hand quilted.
She is one of those person who is nervous, and you place thead or yarn in her hands an out comes a quilt or shawl. ;-)

True dat ....but you also cannot buy a hand made queen-sized quilt at Macy's fer $50!
I bought 3 (fifteen yrs ago). One I used, one I gave to my daughter, one I still have. Wash 'em twice and they're destroyed.
What!? You think you do not exfoliate!? ;)
nb
On 09/18/2016 7:04 PM, notbob wrote:

I believe a handmade quilt at some of the outlets like Tamarac W.Z and the folk art Center on the Blue Ridge Park N.C. way start at $2000

I could see a $50 quilt not lasting, they are made cheap.

Washing machine? ;-)

It's the stitching. When the stitching comes loose and the loose threads are cutting into yer toes, it's time to toss. ;)
nb
On 9/18/2016 9:13 PM, notbob wrote:

Why toss it. You can use that stitching to floss with.

That's why they invented sheets. Try them sometime. ;-)
Leon wrote:

great-grandmother but wouldn't trade it.
--
GW Ross

I may have taught you everything *you*

Thank you, I'll pass hat on.
Quilts are a labor of love. Quilters put many hours into their work and few have any idea of what goes into the making of a quilt.