OT: The pay ...

Page 2 of 2

Doesn't work that way in my experience... the good teachers starve to death until deciding to go to the "dark side" and become administrators, where the money is..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

What is more sad is the fact that most of the really bad teacher seem to become the administrators. And they all have an assistant or two. Talk about top heavy management.
wrote in message

Ok, 5 teachers cannot do it all regardless of how much you pay them. '~)

But they might motivate a few of the lard assed ones by example.. like by making 2 or 3 times as much each payday..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis wrote:

You are aware, are you not, that teachers have a union?
--John

And the most generous contributer to their "friends" in politics. Like their party or not, you have to contribute.

I'm not so sure this is true (at least in Oregon) - I believe a teacher must allocate any political contributions to a dedicated fund overseen by the union. At least that's the way the non-licensed union runs things.
--
This Administration begs the question: WWJT?

_____
Owen Lowe

So do/did the auto workers in Detroit..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

That should be enough funding to buy 'em all Hummers with air bags..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

LOL..... which reminds me..... Several years ago during the Brown administration there was a big push to add a rail system to Houston Metro. IIRC most opposed it but it was built and clouds of suspicion were every where. Accidents with automobiles averaged more than 1 per week for the first 18 months. It was comical aside from the "fact"? that it was "always" the motorists fault for the accident. I have always told my son that if you are in an auto accident it may not be your fault. a second accident, certainly partially your fault at the very least. The rail trains are at the very least half to blame for the 75 accidents that they were involved in the first several months.
A N Y W A Y,,,,, one of the news agencys did a study on the cost of the rail system. It was determined that it would have been less expensive to have purchased a Ferrari for "every" rider of the rail system.

<snip>
Their pay should cease upon retiring from office, and while in office should be made a part of the Social Security system. And as long as I have the soap box, why should they make so MUCH more than the people fixing the toilets, entering the data at his bank or fixing his car? (Aren't the "perks" they get enough?) Oh yeah, and count how many real work days they actually have IN A YEAR! What happened to "for the love of country"? Don't you dare call me a dreamer...(even if it is true). Tom