OT T8 Tubes

Page 2 of 2
On 4/24/2016 12:28 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:

I like what I see so far. HD by work no longer carries the Feits, and neither does my other store by my home. Now they carry the ECO line (if I remember).
I would like some brighter bulbs 60w equiv is ok, but I want 75 and 100, and those are still very , very pricey.
I'm considering what to do when I redo the bathroom. I haven't decided, but the Vermont style ceilings are going away, which means fixtures or recessed. Not sure I want recessed due to heat loss, and the bathroom is where the roof comes down, so it's tight to work in; for insulating that is.
--
Jeff

Have you looked at Home Depot's site to see if they're available online? Sometimes you get free "ship to store" or "ship to home" (I think it's $45 for Home Depot) shipping as well as more product availability.
Puckdropper
Puckdropper wrote:

them in January and will see how well they last. So far they are ok.
--
GW Ross

If you keep an open mind, people will
On 4/22/2016 12:33 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

That's my experience.
Never turn my shop T-8's off ... on 24/7. Only time they go off is if the power goes out, or the rare times I've needed to do some electrical work.
Have probably replaced three of the ten bulbs in the five fixtures in 15 years.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Stop buying them at HD. I have a friend that is an electrican and he told me, like Walmart, HD tells suppliers what they will pay. The manufacturers have to figure out how to make them cheap enough for HD. Which means they put less gas in them, thinner glass for the bulb and any other thing they can do to make it cheap enough. He picks them up a the supply house for me now and they last much longer than the ones I use to get at HD. YMMV

Maybe the ballasts. I have the same brand, daylight, and all 16 in my garage are over 5 years old. I have nor replaced any but have replaced 1 ballast. .
On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 13:03:26 -0400

do not know what they are but you may have a problem with your electrical
have you ever checked your lines for excessive noise and other anomalies

One might try yer local hydroponics grow store. Yes, living in CO, I know what hydro grow stores are for. Regardless, T8 bulbs and fixtures play a huge part in indoor hydro grow lighting. I know growers who use T8's exclusively. May be more costly than HD and Lowe's, but yer not likely to get flakey flickers from grow-light T8's.
nb