OT - Stirling/Fluidyne Project

A while back I posted some info about a liquid-piston Stirling cycle engine (fluidyne) and some readers asked for more info.
I've posted a link to a short WMV video (436 KB) about halfway down the web page below for anyone interested in seeing it run.
-- Morris Dovey DeSoto Solar DeSoto, Iowa USA http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/StirlingProject.html
Morris Dovey wrote:

Submitted to Digg: http://digg.com/environment/Converting_sunlight_into_mechanical_power
John L. Poole wrote: | Morris Dovey wrote: || A while back I posted some info about a liquid-piston Stirling || cycle engine (fluidyne) and some readers asked for more info. || || I've posted a link to a short WMV video (436 KB) about halfway down || the web page below for anyone interested in seeing it run. || | Submitted to Digg: | http://digg.com/environment/Converting_sunlight_into_mechanical_power
Just for the record, there's no invention here - Stirling engines (including fluidynes) have been around for quite a while.
Morris Dovey wrote:

Morris, Where did you get the mirror? What's it made of? Looks like some sort of polycarbonate ... but that's a major wild guess.
Bill
is worth (much) unless backed up with enough genuine information to make
Bill in Detroit wrote:
| Morris, Where did you get the mirror? What's it made of? Looks like | some sort of polycarbonate ... but that's a major wild guess.
For a major WAGS, you did pretty well. My project compadre (that was his hand holding the IR thermometer) picked it up at Regal Plastics in West Des Moines. The sheet is 3/16" x 4' x 8' with a rear reflecting surface.
Works well!