OT - Stem Cell Research, is it ethical?

Page 5 of 5
Off-topic posting. Is it ethical?

Only if there is an OT - and it can make Superman walk again ( Zombie )
Boc

I support wood working, do you or do you only troll?

. People like Christopher Reeve may one day walk again, if

Didnt they make a movie about that ? 'Dawn of the dead ? ' :)
Boc
I see you bought the Democratic and mainline media spin. Bush is the only President who has allowed stem cell research. What he was against was tax payers money being used for stem cell research. There are plenty of private foundations available to do it with no federal funding. And there is nothing prohibiting them from doing it. In this regard President Bush was allowing those who want stem cell research to contribute their money to those foundations, and for those who oppose it, their tax dollars would not be used. Understand Conservatives, they want the people to make their own decisions with their money, and not the government telling them they (the government) know how to better spend the money. Conservatives want you to be able to build wealth as an individual, liberals don't want you to build wealth, they want to keep it to their elitist selves, they want the power to control you and keep you down. Look at welfare, and boy has it worked for them. Now they want socialized medicine, same deal you give your tax dollars to the government, and let them decide on your healthcare choices. I'm 52 years old, have saved every day I have worked, invested and now I no longer need to worry about social security or medicare. I was raised by parents who lived a self sustaining life, wouldn't tke the govenments help even when it was offered. I'll make my own decision when I retire, not the government telling me I can at 62 or 65 because of social security.
Phil
Joey Bosco wrote:

umm... I don't think Chris Reeve is gonna walk again, dude...
He died..
Maybe they need to clone wood and research how to produce hardwood that I can afford..

Ohhh... a chance to get back on-topic! Have you checked out the hybrid that's for sale under the name "Lyptus"? Nice looking wood, and fairly cheap around here. Definately worth a look. Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
Prometheus wrote:

Off topic! Off topic! How dare you! :^)
What does it work like?
JK

Still looking for the right project to test it out on... But it's supposed to be extemely workable, and it grows to harvest size in just 15-17 years. I imagine that if it takes hold, we'll see the price drop on it fairly rapidly. Looks like it's got a fairly tight grain, and a color similar to mahogany (when I've seen it- obviously, these things vary)

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
The morality of stem cell research depends on if your or one you love is dying of a disease that could reasonably benefit from it. If it does not touch you and yours then it is immoral. Therein lies the difficulty: for all the promise of stem cell research it does not influence enough lives (yet) to gain popular support.
hex -30-