OT: Statesmanship

Aristotle -- "What the statesman is most anxious to produce is a certain moral character in his fellow citizens, namely a disposition to virtue and the performance of virtuous actions."
Otto von Bismarck -- I consider even a victorious war as an evil, from which statesmanship must endeavor to spare nations.
Winston Churchill -- "A politician thinks about the next elections - the statesman thinks about the next generations."
A Statesman is calm, yet passionate.
A Statesman is dispassionate in the face of adversity.
A Statesman takes adversity as the natural condition of political man.
A Statesman is a political man who makes bridges with his political enemies to the good of the Republic.
A Statesman understands in his soul that course that guarantees the good of the Republic.
Vote for the Statesman.
tom watson

Great, now if we could just get one to run for office.

t wrote:

A Statesman is not running for President.
--John

Aren't the last of those still pictured on our money?
John

A statesman is a dead politician -- lord knows we need more statesmen! -- Opus the Penguin
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
:>Aristotle -- "What the statesman is most anxious to produce is a :>certain moral character in his fellow citizens, namely a disposition :>to virtue and the performance of virtuous actions." :> :>Otto von Bismarck -- I consider even a victorious war as an evil, :>from which statesmanship must endeavor to spare nations. :> :>Winston Churchill -- "A politician thinks about the next elections - :>the statesman thinks about the next generations." :> :>A Statesman is calm, yet passionate.:> :>A Statesman is dispassionate in the face of adversity.:> :>A Statesman takes adversity as the natural condition of political man.:> :>A Statesman is a political man who makes bridges with his political :>enemies to the good of the Republic.:> :>A Statesman understands in his soul that course that guarantees the :>good of the Republic.:> :> :> :>Vote for the Statesman. : A statesman is a dead politician -- lord knows we need more statesmen! : -- Opus the Penguin
I miss Bloom County.