OT - Social Security

Page 7 of 8

=================AMEN AMEN...AH... AMEN..... !
I retired the day I turned 55 and am now 61...and still too young to collect SS... but like you I still have not counted on SS at all.... IF I live a few more years Then that money (SS) will be completely extra... joking with my adult boys that I just may go out and buy a new Corevette and make the payments witrh my SS income (have not financed a car in 30 years BUT it is tempting to let SS pay for a new one for me...
80 percent of my Income is from a 401K that I rolled over to an Ira so that I could start withdrawing at 55... and if I were younger I would be lookijg at starting a Roth Ira...to avoid the taxes when I started withdrawing... as it is .the taxes I have to pay is a bitch... lol
Bob Griffiths
Add pictures here
βœ–
Well, based on past history and your whining tag line, you're probably not reading unbiased sources. However, if you care to check, did the article talk about projections on benefit growth?
That, and demographics, is the problem. Only someone with an irresponsible axe to grind would neglect to mention them. Judge your article accordingly.
Ideology is what destroys, not the weapons ideologues wield. How many were killed by machete in Rwanda?

Add pictures here
βœ–
Tue, Mar 2, 2004, 9:49am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@fastmail.fm (Larry Blanchard) claims: OK, I cringe <snip>
From what I understand, once a congressman/woman or senator gets in office, even if for just one term, they're covered, with a healthy income for life (I was told 100% of their salary, but don't know if that's true or not - given their past records tho, probably is). Same with health care. So, they really aren't concerned about it, they've already got theirs.
A politician's number one priority is getting into office. Once in, their number one priority is staying in office.
JOAT To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them. - Richard Henry Lee, 1788
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 28 Feb 2004. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKEVOCALS /
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 15:09:11 -0500 (EST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

You know, if I could get in for one term and retire with a living pension I'd be all for the in and out approach. No way I'd want to spend any more time hanging around those types than was absolutely necessary.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
Add pictures here
βœ–
It isn't true. And it is easy to o a google under federal retirement. I don't remember the site but it had the formula for figuring out the retirement.

Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in message

It sure worked for the people of Afghanistan and Iraq. Their governments never restricted the right to bear arms, unlike the highly repressive British and Japanese.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Hehehehehe! Ding!, goes the reality bell...
--
Cheers
Nuno Souto
norm_de snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com (Norm De Plume) wrote in message

What in the hell are you talking about? Both Iraq and Afghaniatan strictly regulated the bearing of arms. Try being an armed Kurd in Saddam's Baghdad. They allowed their partisans to own weapons and in fact armed them - everyone else -- I don't think so. In Afghanistan the Taliban decided who could be armed and was merciless to those violating their edicts. There is a difference between governments that provide weapons to their partisans and deny them to their critics and the free country Mr. Lee was talking about (too bad that country has not existed for a looooong time).
Dave Hall
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 23:47:37 -0800, Norm De Plume wrote:

And it sure _has_ worked for the Swiss...
--
-Doug

Add pictures here
βœ–
Doug Winterburn wrote:

What worked for the Swiss was and is their being the bankers for the world.

Mark

N.E. Ohio
βœ–
On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 18:09:11 +0000, Mark wrote:

Ahhh, the old change the subject ploy when you can't argue with the truth.
--
-Doug

Add pictures here
βœ–
Doug Winterburn wrote:

Sorry, I was replying to the effectiveness of the Swiss Army.
What did you think I was replying to?

Mark

N.E. Ohio
βœ–
On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 09:49:27 -0800, Larry Blanchard wrote:

The easiest way to find out is to google on "+trust +funds".
The first entry I got was:
http://mwhodges.home.att.net/cur-year-deficit-trusts.htm
You can find many more with the same basic analysis, and if after considering the info, you don't think there's a problem, I can't help it.
BTW, you will also discover the vaunted budget surplusses of the previous administration were pure fiction.
--
-Doug

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 09:49:27 -0800, Larry Blanchard

My financial planning is based on the concept that what I get back from SS will pay for my various taxes and that, if I would like to continue to eat, wear clothes and buy gas - I'll have to take care of that myself.
Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) (Real Email is tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet) http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

addressed the question I asked. Are the percentages quoted correct?
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 16:08:22 -0800, Larry Blanchard wrote:

The rate of growth of the economy has nothing to do with the underlying problems with the SS or any other trust fund. Perhaps that is why no one has responded in the manner you would like.
--
-Doug

Add pictures here
βœ–
Larry Blanchard wrote:

I don't know either, but it doesn't make any difference. In 2035 less than 2 people will be working support one retired person. That isn't going to result in a very good retirement no matter how you try to fund it.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net says...

payers vs the number of payees are ALREADY IN the governments estimates. The question was about one number in their estimating formula that was questioned by an economics professor.
I will post no more on this subject. You may all be good woodworkers, but you either don't understand English, you're just trolling, or you're all preprogrammed to spout the drivel of one side or the other when any trigger word is uttered. Sheesh!
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Add pictures here
βœ–
"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message

In the final analysis, that is ALL that matters. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/28/04

Add pictures here