OT Ping JT

I may be slow, I am not a "cupcake" nor a "buttercup" and it has only been in the last year that I figured out how to "Google" newsgroups.

You are right about looking it up yourself, but please be kind to the "net Handicapped"

Ed Ahern

-- Atlantis is only a myth if you haven't been there

Reply to
Ed Ahern

You know Ed, I just posted something along these lines on the hvlp topic going a few topics up or down from here. I didn't realize that some of the newsreaders and browser options don't make this readily available or an easy to find options.

I say - post away - that's how we all learn. Just like me not realizing that people didn't know the archives were searchable. Hell, I just figured everyone knew that, and since it is sometimes much less painful to search than it is to ask a question here, I figured everyone that didn't search first was asking for it.

See what I learned today?

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Ed.. first, let me apologize for responding to a PING to someone else..

IMHO, newsgroups are a place to get info, search engines are a good place to find newsgroups that you like... It's my feeling that most folks subscribe to this NG to either learn, help or in a lot of cases, do both...

If you have a question, ask it... don't worry about it being asked before... very few people are going to have an "original" question..

You WILL get some folks that will respond to your post with something like "go look it up".. try to ignore them, as most of us will either try to answer your question or not reply if we can't help.. YMWV

Mac

mac davis

Fri, Feb 10, 2006, 3:40pm Ed snipped-for-privacy@the.internet (Ed=A0Ahern) doth mumble: I may be slow, I am not a "cupcake" nor a "buttercup" and it has only been in the last year that I figured out how to "Google" newsgroups. You are right about looking it up yourself, but please be kind to the "net Handicapped"

Heh. When I first saw the subject, I thought you were pingin me. But, as I don't ever recall calling "anyone" "cupcake", and the only one I recall calling "Buttercup" in a great long while is Buttercup. So, unless you are actually "Buttercup", you must be referring to JT, and not me. If you don't believe me, look it up.

JOAT Don't believe everything you think.

Reply to
J T

Sat, Feb 11, 2006, 10:22am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@aol.com doth mumble: Just like me not realizing that people didn't know the archives were searchable. Hell, I just figured everyone knew that, and since it is sometimes much less painful to search than it is to ask a question here, I figured everyone that didn't search first was asking for it.

But didn't post the link.

Don't believe everything you think.

Reply to
J T

I have added link to favorites. Thank you

>>> JOAT

Reply to
Ed Ahern