Buttercup Squash

Songbird,
Thanks for recommending buttercup squash last winter. I planted a few this spring and we just had the first one for dinner last night. Very good, the best squash we've had so far. It has a texture like custard, unlike some wi nter squash which are very fibrous. Dark orange flesh and great flavor.
We also planted Tokyo Blue, which we've never had before. Apparently they h ave a blue squash festival in Japan when these ripen. I'll post a review wh en we try some.
Paul
Pavel314 wrote:

y.w.! :) glad you liked them. we also grow some kabocha like squashes which have crossed with the buttercup, both hold up ok to the squash bugs/borers. that's why we grow them.

we like squash, so hope to hear it is a good one. :)
cheers, back to getting the tomatoes done we picked today...
songbird