Betty Crocker Cupcake Icing

I bought a can of Betty Crocker Cupcake Icing chocolate.

Impatient people can skip the story and go stright to the amazing part**

It was 54.99, marked down to 2.49. Usually the half-price stuff looks like new but this had no cap and none of the 4 nozzles to make different designs.

When I got it home I noticed that the clear nozzle was already full of chocolate, which meant someone had used it already, but I figured, Even if they sucked it directly out of the nozzle (and who would do that?), that would only adulterate the first quarter inch.

So I used it. I don't have cupcakes so I had to eat it straight. It wasn't very sweet and you had to push really hard on the nozzle tube, and still it came out very slowly, about 10 seconds an inch.

It took a week but I soldiered on and eventually finished the can.

**But what's amazing is that it's been 10 days to 2 weeks and still every day a little more will spurt out when I press the nozzle sideways. Sometimes it launches from the tube and lands 2 inches away. Once, twice, maybe 3 spurts, and then nothing until tomorrow. And again the day after that. What's going on in there? what is making new propellant?

I can't find it in chocolate but here it is in green.

's $16.40. Why is it so expensive? Maybe other cans were not so slow. This couldnt' be the original price. The supermarket I bought it at was selling it for $5 originally. Red now is only $10. white is 2 cans for $31. No, it's Amazon that is high.

Instacart has it in white for $4.29, and other places under $6.

micky

micky wrote on 3/12/2024 3:53 PM:

54.99 down to 2.49 is practically a give away.

It's winter and you home was cold.

The propellant is embedded in the chocolate. When under pressure the propellant is in liquid state. The temperature is warming up, so the remaining chocolate is softening up. The feeble force from the leftover propellant can push out the softened chocolate.

If you bathe the whole thing in hot tap water, then point the nozzle downward to let the warm chocolate to sink down to the nozzle, you might be able to get the last drop out of it.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Darn. Can't see the difference between 5 and $. Can't type well either. $4.99

No, just 1^ colder than maybe it should be.

??

Underneath the plastic/celluloid label/wrrapper is a really nice brushed aluminum bottle. Wish I could think of another use for it.

I'll try that, next time I take a bath.

Reply to
micky

micky wrote on 3/12/2024 6:06 PM:

The manufacturers would choose the propellant gases that can easily liquefy under mild pressure. You need a thick steel canister for propane, but you need only a flimsy plastic container for butane (as in plastic butane lighter), for example. Food propellant gas is even easier to liquefy than butane gas. The food product can easily mix with the liquefied propellant gas. Shake well before using.

invalid unparseable

Very interesting for some products, but I think not for this one. Nothing mentioned about shaking.

Reply to
micky

micky wrote on 3/12/2024 10:39 PM:

Chocolate paste is too thick to shake, but the liquefied propellant would've been embedded inside the chocolate paste.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

On Tue, 12 Mar 2024 20:17:14 -0400, =?UTF-8?B?8J+YjiBNaWdodHkgV2FubmFiZSDinIU=? = <@.> posted for all of us to digest...

Shake what? Your can? Wouldn't that be called "twerking"? Jus askin

Reply to
Hiram T Schwantz