OT: Now that winter's in full swing...

...it's time to start shopping for a grill:
http://www.neatorama.com/2006/06/08/top-10-coolest-bbq-grills /
Buddy Matlosz wrote:
> ...it's time to start shopping for a grill:
RECIPE FOR RIBS:
1) Steal a shopping cart. 2) Cut a pony drum in half and weld into cart. 3) Use your imagination for the rest.
Lew
Thu, Feb 15, 2007, 4:12am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (LewHodgett) sayeth: <snip> 3) Use your imagination for the rest. http://highlandway.com.au/shwroadk.htm
JOAT When in doubt, go to sleep. - Mully Small
Can't wait. Two weeks ago for Super Bowl I bbqed a 18# brisket for about 20 hours. Turned off the Super Bowl and enjoyed the brisket when done.
Fall/Winter/Spring is the best time to bbq in South Texas as the weather makes it a joy. The cold front we have now bringing out temps into the teens is passing, and it is supposed to be in the 60s during the day this weekend, and I may just have to do a pork shoulder or a butt.
MMMmmmm..... pig.
Wanna see the equivalent of this group for the bbq set?
rec.food.barbecue
Their archives are unbelievable.
Robert

MmmmmmMM ... cabrito!!
I need a fix, bad!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/07/07
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:
> MMMmmmm..... pig.
Assume you stuff that piece of pig with garlic cloves and roll him in Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper first.
BTW, expect temps in 80's this weekend.
Lew

It struck me as funny that you roll the pig in kosher salt. Should taste great, though.
Now I gotta run down to Costco, and get me some Boston butt. Should be 72 here in the SF Bay area Saturday, before getting back to winter by Monday.
Patriarch
Patriarch wrote:
> It struck me as funny that you roll the pig in kosher salt. Should taste > great, though.
It does.
BTW, forgot to mention to coat the meat with olive oil first.
Holds more salt and pepper that way.
BTW, makes great shredded pork for sandwiches.
Add a little remalarde <s/p>, Yummy.
Lew