OT: Neither run Norwalk.

Page 1 of 2
Goodness gracious, what a weekend. Thursday my dad was called by the hospital and told he couldn't go see my mother because the unit was shut to visitors due to a Norwalk outbreak. Norwalk is a very powerful gastrointestinal virus with a short half-life. It can kill weak people. Violent hurling and dumping sessions are the symptoms. Nasty. Anyway, my dad had visited my mom the night before and had kissed good- night, as I had a couple of hours later. Friday LifeLine called that there had been a trigger at my dad's house, so Angela and I went over there and you won't believe what we walked in on... what a mess. He was barely breathing, so 911 brought us an ambulance. Then for the clean-up, Ang & I were gloved and all that but, some airborne got to us. (Btw, I refer to her as Ang as SWMBO, wife and SO all seem so impersonal.) Saturday morning we decided Ang got the upstairs bathrooms, and I got the 'Bog' in the basement. I would have gladly paid somebody to shoot me on a few occasions. We're all over the hump now and feeling much better, but I missed a performance by Tafelmusiek, that really pissed me off.
PS, I lost 7.5 pounds in 2 days. Now I need to replenish..lemme see here a Filet Mignon, bottle of Drambuie, a whole New York cheese-cake?
Naaaa...

Hope Dad does OK. My wife caught it the week before Christmas. She has CHF to boot. Six days in the hospital and she still is not fully recovered. I've been lucky so far but I can relate to your story.
At least three people at work have also had it as well as others in their households. Nasty is not a nasty enough word for it.

The hospital here was closed to visitors recently for about 10 days. 70 people were sick.
We had two people at work with it, but it hasn't spread. Lots of bottles of hand antiseptic are in view around the building.
On 05/02/2007 11:26 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Been there, ran that, just after Christmas. Must be all over S.Ont. I figgered I got mine from a Tim's in Kingston on the way back from Quebec, where the staff seemed less "trained" than usual. It sure ain't pleasant. Mom also had a bout in her nursing home, but she's a tough old bat and survived. A couple of the less sturdy didn't make it. I actually pulled a muscle in my side worshipping at the porcelain throne. Hope you and Ang are felling better; took me and Jen the better part of a week to get back to what I'd call normal. Not something I'd wish on my worst enemy.

Your innards will thank you if you go easy for a couple of days :-) I did manage a shot or two of single malt, but sure as hell no cheese-cake or steak.
P.S. the weight comes back :(
Robatoy wrote:

care of yourselves. Hear?!     mahalo and bless,     jo4hn
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Had the equivalent on just about every continent I've ever set foot on, so know the feeling. Last time, about ten years ago from eating raw Texas oysters, I was convinced that I _had_ been gutshot.
Y'all take care of yourselves, now!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/02/07

I had some of those oysters on a business trip to Dallas about that time. Even in a very nice hotel, I was really miserable. And I still had to do the meetings by telephone.
Could have done that from home in California, and not gotten sick!
Take care of everyone, Rob!
Patriarch
Patriarch wrote:
> I had some of those oysters on a business trip to Dallas about that time. > Even in a very nice hotel, I was really miserable. And I still had to do > the meetings by telephone.
Somehow, raw oysters in Dallas leave something to be desired.
BBQ is one thing, but raw oysters?????????????
Lew

Dallas has Mountain Oysters. I don't want to think about eating those raw. ;~)

LOL..You know you're tough when......
Goodgawd...just the thought. This came out of the oven the other day and I had to take a picture..I KNEW this was just pork tenderloin, but still..LOL
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/Porktenderloin.jpg
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

Whadddaya mean??! ... they're flown in fresh daily from Amarillo!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/02/07

Do they make you talk funny after you eat them?
(I know, I know...bad helium joke.)
*hangs head in shame...retreats*

Watch out for that dehydration. I have a little thing called twisted bowel syndrome that gives about the same results, except that it doesn't stop until after a stomach pump is in place and morphine to reduce the pain is flowing. Longer term. The VA held onto me for 9 days the last time and I lost about 11 or 12 pounds--if it had stayed off, I'd have almost felt the pain and tedium was worth it.

Even at out advanced age, we can still get into trouble from kissing!! ( Mom was right)

Be careful with that kind of talk. Somebody may just take you up on it!

was so much cheaper than a fat farm!

Wasting away? I don't think so. I'm only 20 pounds away from my 'perfect' weight. That may seem like a lot, but everything is relative. I topped out at 283 just over 2 years ago. Lost 70+, nice and slow. But those damned holidays and I love to play with food (in the kitchen) The whole food-thing is such a social thing with us..daughters roll into town..we eat. A small victory here or there.. we celebrate...with food. We feel a bit down...a quick one-hour drive to The Mandarin in London. In fact, we like food so much, we eat every day!
And after The Superbowl, I'll never eat another Snicker's bar again.
Fat Farm? I am married to a FatFarm Drill Sergeant. Ang runs a Stroke Clinic here in town, she's always on my ass about my food... for all the right reasons.
Somebody wrote:
> PS, I lost 7.5 pounds in 2 days. Now I need to replenish..lemme see > here a Filet Mignon, bottle of Drambuie, a whole New York cheese-cake?
May a sick camel pay a visit to your shop.
The only thing that can be consumed with Drambuie is Scotch.
How dare you contaminate it with food<G>.
Lew
A rusty nail is a good thing, indeed. Next try a silver nail - better yet.
(wipes small drool from lips)
On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 00:41:03 GMT, Lew Hodgett

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 18:59:34 -0600, Tom B

And what, pray tell, is a silver nail?
Quite a while ago me and a buddy made up a platinum nail - Lochan Ora and Royal Salute.
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 23:39:39 -0600, Dave Balderstone

What's wrong with using Tanqueray with tonic? Granted, it's not bottom of the barrel, but it's not *that* good. I like Bombay Sapphire, myself- but even then, it gets a little shot of dry vermouth (yeah, I know- but I *like* the old style martinis)
That's when I have any time to drink, of course- and truth be told, on the fairly rare occasions when I do drink, I usually go for red wine (Yellowtail Merlot- the finest $7 bottle of wine around) or beer (but no more "Sneaky Pete"s after the last time I was foolish enough to drink both in the same night).

Yea... an ol' fashioned martini is pretty good. What they are calling 'martinis' now-a-days is just silly. Cumquat/Passion Fruit, OilofOlay Martini...say what? Call it PUNCH, people...P U N C H. Friend of mine makes 'Turkeyhattans'. Wild Turkey (high test) with a splash of sweet vermouth. But be careful! Stuff makes you turn gay and steal cars... so I'm told.

We love Yellowtail Merlot. What a bargain! That's what we have when we have wine. Grolsch is the only beer I buy on a semi-regular basis. I do experiment with the odd strange pint of imports. A close friend and I get together, once a month, and try out a few beers. Them Brits whip up some wicked beers with even sillier names. Bishop's Finger?