OT: just back from NYC

Hey everyone,
We just got back from New York City, That is one place that you MUST go on New Years Eve. It's just that you'll never want to go back. But it is definately an experience!~ NYC was wonderful on New Years Day, except for Times Square that was still VERY busy, but you could actually drive around the city. It was a great trip and thats the last I will ever see of NYC! Nice to be home in my nice QUIET shop!
Searcher1
Sun, Jan 2, 2005, 3:44am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@burrverizon.net (Searcher) lies when he says I should go to NYC: Hey everyone, We just got back from New York City, That is one place that you MUST go on New Years Eve. It's just that you'll never want to go back. But it is definately an experience!~ NYC was wonderful on New Years Day, except for Times Square that was still VERY busy, but you could actually drive around the city. It was a great trip and thats the last I will ever see of NYC! Nice to be home in my nice QUIET shop!
Uh, no, I do NOT went to go to NYC on New Years eve. I "would" like to go and see a few museums (Metropolitan Museum of Art, Gugenheim, maybe one or two others), and that would be the only reason I would ever want to go there. Preferably all in a day. I've gone thru there several times, and that firmed my belief I'm not a city guy. Sorta like my feelings about Viet Nam, nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
Of course, if it was Ankh-Morpork, that'd be a different story.
JOAT People without "things" are just intelligent animals.
On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 01:10:32 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

You could spend DAYS just in MOMA. The Guggenheim is an easy day's viewing.
Barry
Sun, Jan 2, 2005, 12:41pm (EST+5) Please_keep_it_in_the snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Barry) says: You could spend DAYS just in MOMA. <snip> Probably, but my main interest is their Tiffany grips, I'd probably be willing to pass on the rest. Anyway, I doubt seriously I could afford to spend much time in NYC.
Anyway, might be dangerous for me. I have a half uncle up there somewhere, supposedly we look about like twins - but the dangerous part is, he supposedly works for the mob. If I spent too much time up there, I might get put to work.
JOAT People without "things" are just intelligent animals.
J T wrote:

Heh, now *that* would be an experience. Currently reading "Wee Free Men" and loving that one too. Damn guy is taking up a full shelf...
PK
Sun, Jan 2, 2005, 11:25am pmk snipped-for-privacy@mac.com (PaulKierstead) says: Heh, now *that* would be an experience. Currently reading "Wee Free Men" and loving that one too. Damn guy is taking up a full shelf...
The one after that is Hat Full of Sky - which I got a couple of weeks ago. Heh heh. I'm about up to speed on the Discworld now, and several others to boot.
Theres a bit on line too, scroll down. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/LITERATUREONLINE /
JOAT People without "things" are just intelligent animals.

go
I love NYC!!! Spent a week there back in 2000 and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Contrary to popular belief, New Yorkers were some of the kindest and friendliest people I've ever met.
DYB