OT: How can I killfile the idiot

Page 2 of 3

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Because they acknowledge the fallen soldiers in Iraq, and "ignoring" what are nothing more than pastes from news releases isn't consonant with thinking about people dying in Iraq (i.e., devoting conscious thought to it as it is happening)?
Why is it necessary that he have an underlying agenda to support some organization you don't like? Why can't you just recognize that he doesn't want people dying in Iraq? Why? You disagree that the war in Iraq isn't legitimate. Fine. Why can't you be satisfied with that where instead you attribute some hidden agenda to his posts?
He is the worst possible spokesman for peace, as long as he doesn't merely post the news releases. I don't defend him for it when he does it, either. But he feels strongly about these people dying. He isn't alone. Why don't you just be satisfied with that, go on ignoring his posts, and let him disagree?

er
--
email not valid

There was nothing hidden about his agenda during his earlier postings. He just devolved later from the "... until all our soldiers are out of Iraq" comments to nothing but expletives and poor attempts at ad hominem.
... snip
2006.2257.261 wrote:

What is the stated rationale behind the current policy? If they are doing it differently that they did during Vietnam, what are the reasons they are giving?
Joe Barta
Use Newsproxy and he's gone forever. Works for me.

Never thought about kill filling this guy as his posts didn't bother me enough to get excited about, even thought they were sort of a public service in a way. After reading his answers to the posts in this thread though I agree that he is a troll who is not showing respect to the men and women who have died to defend this country. I am a Veteran the stepfather and stepfather in law of serving members of the armed forces of the USA and the son and grandson and Great grandson of Veterans. This troll is not one that we would be proud to stand up for, although we did, I ask sir that you show some respect to my fellows citizens and veterans by restraining you diatribe and taking it somewhere that is more appropriate. At least give your real name if you are not ashamed to so, I would be if I were you. Signed Curran R Copeland

Mon, Feb 6, 2006, 12:19pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (SweetSawdust) doth state: <snip> At least give your real name if you are not ashamed to so, Iwould be if I were you.
But, if he used his real name, then he wouldn't be anonnymouse anymore. I just call him Buttercup.
JOAT Don't believe everything you think.
You go that right he is too small in mental stature to be any thing but a mouse. Maybe Micky (misspelling intended, don't want to insult someone of real intelligence) would be a better name.
(Sweet Sawdust) doth state: <snip> At least give your real name if you are not ashamed to so, Iwould be if I were you.
But, if he used his real name, then he wouldn't be anonnymouse anymore. I just call him Buttercup.
JOAT Don't believe everything you think.

There are a couple of very simple magic incantations that will catch everything the idjit has posted so far.
I'm not going to put them on public display -- that would allow him to circumvent them. *sigh*
Anybody can e-mail me about them, and *IF* i recognize you as a constructive poster in the newsgroup, I'll share.
Robert Bonomi snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com
On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 18:46:18 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomni.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

Good for you. I have a few approaches as well that require only minor tuning from time to time, but I'm sure not going to publicly broadcast them. That'd kind of be like telling the enemy the what and how of how you are monitoring their conversations, eh?

Robert Bonomi wrote:

Magic? Just focus on the content: it's rather invariant.
er
--
email not valid

Tue, Feb 7, 2006, 3:37pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@stick.com (2006.2257.261) doth now burble: <snip> and rec.woodworking is as appropriate <snip> No, it's not, and well you know it. An appropriate venue would be some part of the government. You know, someone in a psition to actually do something. But, you "don't" want anything done, so you won't. Weak Buttercup, weak.

The best way to killfile him is to ignore him. Reacting to him just feeds him. If everyone would just ignore him he would eventually just go play with himself.
Tom,
You are exactly right. It is unfortunate that I view this newsgroup in Google and I have no choice but to see his drivel but it is easy to scroll beyond.
All in all, he is only an irritant--that's all. I understand how you guys that view this group differently can get pounded with garbage though.
This guy has never said in any constructive way what he thinks he can accomplish by doing what he is doing. Does he really think anybody in Washington gives a rat's ass about what is being posted in rec.woodworking or any other group? First off, we all have free speech and he is allowed that right, too. Problem is that the troops who are in places like Iraq are fighting for such liberties over there as well. Many, many servicemen have died to give this troll--and ALL of us--the ability to voice our opinion.
So unless this guy can express his concerns and what he is trying to do in a calm, reasonable manner, the only reasonable thing the rest of us can do is let him have his fun and ignore him. We are happy because we don't respond or read this nonsense and he is happy because he thinks he is getting under our skin.
I personally think this is quickly becoming a joke and not an irritant anymore.
I ESPECIALLY love the "Buttercup" references from JOAT--you the man!

Actually, to be fair, he has on a few occassions expressed himself in a coherent and reasonable (as reasonable as he can get) manner.
Joe Barta
Well, if he has, I missed it. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt but I this person is beligerent and their point is hidden behind a bunch of rhetoric.

people who die in the war thinking that by giving us information like their name, rank, residence, and how and when they were killed it will...do...what?
"Buttercup" doesn't seem to get the point that by doing what he/she is doing is actually hardening our hearts towards his/her cause and not doing a *damn* thing to help change things in the way he/she wants them to be changed.

It's easy to miss. He spews forth such a large volume of idiotic horseshit that when he does put forth a relatively coherent thought, it's easy to miss.

I agree.

He has a lot of beefs to be sure. He re-posts casualty notices here because he wants to constantly remind the people of this group that soldiers are dying in an action he disagrees with. I don't think those efforts will accomplish anything and I'm pretty sure he doesn't think they'll accomplish anything either. Yet, for the time being, he'll continue on his mission.
And yes, these efforts are surrounded by a healthy dose of anti-Bush rhetoric and a massive amount of juvenile retorts.

Well, try not to let your heart become hardened because of some half- whacked usenet kook.
Joe Barta

I'd say he's closer to fully-whacked. But your advice is sound. Sometimes I think people respond to the trolls posts after having ignored them for a period of time because it is cathartic, particularly for those who aren't filtering, but having to page through or ignore the posts manually. Doesn't do a bit of good of course, but does make the respondent feel better that he has let off some steam.

Hasn't this gone on about long enough? Even using Outlook Express, it only takes a few seconds to select his message, hit "block sender" & let it delete all his gibberish. When he pops up with a new set of numbers and BS, whack him again!
--
Nahmie
The only road to success is always under construction.