OT: How can I killfile the idiot

Page 1 of 3

I can build a boat and drive it, I can build a car and drive it, but I don't know how to killfile this dumbass that keeps posting the Iraq casualties. Can someone help me. I'm running Outlook express 6. I know its OT but I'm sick of it.
--
Rich Harris

changes his addy constantly.
Just click on the message, then go the Message menu on top of the page. Click it, the drop down menu then shows Block Sender. Click this. A popup box asks if you want to clear this sender out of your files, I usually click yes.
I have done this in other newsgroups with a trollor two and had the number of messages drop dramatically.
You have to do this over and over again. He keeps changing so you can't block him.

If you are using Agent as a newsreader, you can easily filter out him by using the following expressions:
from:
- Matt
On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 21:49:19 -0500, "Lee Michaels"

Sorry to butt in. I missed the OPs 1st message.
I find, using Free Agent [or Agent] that I can click on the top of the header window and select "Subject" for the order. Then, with all the same headers lined up likes ducks in a gallery select them all, and delete. It takes a couple of seconds with practice.
On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 21:49:19 -0500, "Lee Michaels"

He's not a troll. Trolls can be reasonably healthy, but with little time on their hands. This cookie is seriously disturbed.
The best way [I'll be there after this message] is to use a "filter", starting on the headers. You won't even see his trash. He won't be around without someone to feed him.
Mon, Feb 6, 2006, 2:56am (EST+5) this= snipped-for-privacy@putter.com (2006.2237.98.000) doth burble: Keep your head up your ass...... you'll eventually solve the problem. I ain't maken' em moron, but try to show some respect....
Well, hi there Buttercup. I see your phoney e-mail is changed again; and, your command of the written word is still mediocre. Kinda ironic isn't it? I mean "you", telling someone "else" to show respect, when youself shows absolutely no respect, to the fallen, or their families. You must feel so fulfilled. Ah, well, such is the nature of trolldom. Sad really. Well, keep doing your bit to preserve our national resources - eat recycled food, and have a nice next life.
JOAT Have a nice day! Someplace else.
In case you haven't figured it out yet flaming an idiot like you is sort of relaxing and fun.

Mon, Feb 6, 2006, 8:25pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@woody.com (2006.2252) doth burble: Your just a tired old man and I got out an E7 <snip> Sorry that you're so all alone and have nothing more in your life then sawdust and this NG!!!!
Ya see, Buttercup? Yer doin' nuthin' but proving my point. You don't swear, you don't know how, all you know how to do it repeat some bad words, over, and over, and over, and over, ad nauseam. And, what the big deal about getting out as an E7? If I rember right, I did too. But, I'm such a tired old man my memory isn't quite what it used to be. All alone? Must be talking about yourself, 'cause I've got a fambly. And, yeah, I think I do have one or three things more in my life other then sawdust and here. For one thing, bought another turbocharger today, be along in a few days. They'll eventually wind up on one of "the other" 350s - not a Chebby. But, I'm not going to carry on about my life, I don't think you could relate, because, it would seem you don't have much of one to relate with. It's like I said before Buttercup, your posts are dull, repetitious, and boring. Not interesting, not informative, not entertaining. Your command of the written word is virtually nonexistent. Your continual use of the same words, over and over, is about the extent of your communication skills. You don't give anyone anything to anticipate. Talk about bing alone, and nothing to do - that's "your" life. Buh by Buttercup. Time to go, cartoons are coming on. Can't say it hasn't been dull, and uninspiring. Be sure to eat recycled food, and have a nice next life.
JOAT Don't believe everything you think.
Fri, Feb 10, 2006, 5:13am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@stick.com (2006.2257.261) doth burble again: To bug <snip of a former cut and paste reply>
LOL Nah Buttercup. You're not bugging me. Responses like this are just way too silly, and way too unimaginative, to bug me. I'm just kinda fascinated that apparently you think you can call people names, and what all, and imagine that you're having a real impact in their lives. Are you "that" lonely? I don't seeyou as having much life experience, or you'd express yourself differently. Your writing style changes dramatically from time to time, so I figure you might be on meds of some type. Or, may just drugs. You're spending a load of time here, so much so that it would seem you don't work, or go to school. Hmm, I don't know how much internet access you can get in prison, so don't know if that's a possibility, probably not. Do senior citizen homes have internet access for the residenst? There is the possibility you're a house husband, but any female wouldn't put up with you doning nothing but playng on a computer for long, then she'd kick your ass out. Possibly you're handicapped. That could answer a lot. That it? You just a poor, misunderstood, handicapped person? So, you became a pathetic, dorky, troll? If that's the way it is, you're even more of a sad, dorky, little troll than I'd figured. If it is, you might be surprised at the large number of people who'd talk with you and be friendly, but you'd have show them you can be friendly. It makes for a much better, and brighter, life. On the other hand, if you're from New York, or maybe from Joisey, you probably couldn't give a dcent respons if your life depended on it. LOL Well, Buttercup, don't ever figure "you" would get any respect from me, you made sure you burned that bridge long ago. So eat recycled food, and have a nice next life.
JOAT Don't believe everything you think.
Fri, Feb 10, 2006, 7:50am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@stick.com (2006.2265.261) who doth burble the now expected recycled tirade, which is stnipped.
Took ya long enough to figure it out. And, even then you had to be told. You're not quite as slick as you thought, eh? How many of you are writing?
JOAT Don't believe everything you think.

I'm using a variety of filters that are mostly effective, but I don't use Outlook or Windows, so can advise on specifics.
Filter on common words in his subject lines, and IP address, is what I do.
For instance, filter on "died when","killed in", "killed when", "has been killed","DoD identifies", "death of", etc.
--
Boycott Google for their support of communist censorship and repression!

Also
Pvt. Cpl. Sgt.
On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 02:57:03 GMT, "2006.2237.98.000"

It must be a miserable existence when you take such delight in irritating people.
On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 02:56:05 GMT, "2006.2237.98.000"

Give us something to respect. Tell them to post in another newsgroup that doesn't begin with "Wood".

Soros), but no place to go. MoveOn.org, formed to support the candidateship of Gov Howard Dean by two California activists, proved to be eye-openingly successful and probably can take some credit (responsibility?) that the Governor made it as far as he did. After the election, they mutated into a political action committee, and enlisted the aid of some of the more computer savvy activists in their ranks.
Usually classified as part of the Democratic Party's far Left "Progressive" movement wing, they are the mirror image of the far Right evangelical movement that pulls the Republican party from time to time. And every bit as annoying, too.
Utilizing some time honor methods, updated to the virtual world, they now supply mailing lists to their far flung cadre that, in turn, posts them to various popular newsgroups. If you want to read every anti-Republican, anti-Bush editorial written in any newspaper, blog, or leftist think-tank, (no matter how insignificant) just get on their mailing list.
They are not trolls in the usual sense, but are trying to create a groundswell anti-war movement.
Mainstream Democratic activists would like to "turn them off" since their continuous stream of polemic postings are now becoming counter-productive, in effect, mobilizing and hardening the anti-progressive forces.
I have no idea if "our" poster is associated with the movement or not, or if he's just trying to demonstrate his relevance to the world by annoying everyone, even those that might otherwise agree with his position.
***************************** At any rate, in Outlook go to... Message Create Rule from Message Under #1 Select Conditions for your rule, I recommend that select the limitation of this NG, in case some of the other NG's you might frequent would have legitimate use for some of the code words
Then, you might check, "where the subject lines contains specific words"
Under #2, check "delete the message"
And then in the open space below, insert the specific words. Caution. Think carefully about the words you use. You can use and number of words, along with Boolean operators.
It's not terribly difficult once you see the procedure for yourself. ********************** Then again, you can just "block sender". He has infinite numbers, but I've never reached any limit that Outlook might have, and I've never noticed any appreciable slowdown, even with hundreds of blocked senders. ********************** The ONLY way a killfile works effectively is if you actually use it.
In Outlook Express 6
Click on "Tools", then "Message Rules then News".
Click on "New". Select "Where the subject line contains specific words" in box 1
Click "Contains specific words" in box 3
Type in key words he uses then click "Add"
I use : Iraq, soldier, killed. etc.
Only problem is if someone legitimate types in a message like "My shop Dog was Killed" you WILL NOT see it.
--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com

http://www.milmac.com/np-120.exe then download a copy of my filter file for it (see my sig line).
Once you get that up and running, you won't see any of that idiot's posts again. Comments at the beginning of the filter file provide more information, and I and others here (notably Robert Bonomi) can give you help setting this up if you need it.
--
Regards,
Rich wrote:

Well it does not really bother me and I feel a bit bad about trying to 'ignore' the posts tbh.
In any event his replies sure show he has some kind of issues. Its easy enough to scroll past them to the next topic. But as others have mentioned you can use keywords since I assume there is something specific about the postings you dont like that you should be able to textually identify.
--
Thank you,

Why in the world is that? Just because some idiot posts announcements of deaths in order to gen up sympathy for his anti-war cause? Why should you feel bad about trying to ignore pro-islamo-fascist propaganda? i.e, the fact is that he is using the deaths of these servicemen to promote his own political agenda. If he were to equivalently post the good they accomplished in Iraq, or other pertinent information, that would be one thing. When confronted by the likes of Pravda, Tass, or moveon.org, one is best off to ignore it rather than trying to separate the "truth" out of "News" or "News" out of "Truth".