OT? Harbor Freight DC on sale

Hello,

In my effort to learn about dust collection, I noticed that Harbor Freight has their 2 HP dust collector on sale for $159 and thought that others in the group might be interested. As I recall, I don't believe that it usually sells for $249 as shown, but more along the lines of $200. I'm sure that others here can verify whether or not this is indeed the one that has been recommended in the past.

From what I've read, it has been stated that by using a cyclone in conjunction with the DC that you may never need to empty the DC's bags.

Hope that this helps for those who are looking for a DC.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Bogiatzidis

Its on sale about a third of the time.

Reply to
Toller

Reply to
Frank S.

$159 is what I consider the "real" price.. I have that unit and would recommend it..

Look for a recent sale flyer, it has a 20% off coupon on it... use the $30 you save to reduce the cost of their DC accessory kit to about $10...

I researched here for weeks and almost bought a more expensive unit that was 1 micron... I'm glad that I didn't! I can use the DC for fine sanding on the lathe and watch the upper bag in the sun from the window and never see dust... I figure that if it's too small to see, and my air filter doesn't get it, then I'll breath it until it kills me..

If you google this NG, several folks have posted regarding upgrading the HF Dc with filters..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I upgraded mine immediately when it arrived. Didn't even assemble it until the cartridge arrived. When cutting with the TS I can tell immediately if I don't have it hooked up. The amount of chips thrown forward on edge cuts is reduced substantially, and the amount of dust in the are right after any tablesaw cut is radically less.

I have used mine with a 5" wye instead of the 4" it comes with, and that wye has integrated blast gates. On them I have 2 5"x10' flexible hoses, one with a 4" reducer color, and the other with a second tapered

5" blast gate. The 4" reducer fits my DW735 perfectly, and I just stuff my 2.5" hose into it a few feet when vacumning around the shop or using it on the router fence.

Photos here:

arw01