OT Firefox update

Again updating the program leaves it neutered, doesn't work. Can't get to their help as any input is considered "done" per their tracking logo. Suggestions other than IE or AOL welcomed!

No other recommmendations, but assuming you're on windows... and being sure to double check my pathnames since I'm not checking them...
Dig through C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla.... and find your bookmarks.html file and save that.
Then via add/remove programs, remove firefox.
Then remove C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla
Then remove C;\Programs\Mozilla Firefox
Then go get http://www.macecraft.com/regsupremepro /
and clean out your registry to remove all traces of firefox.
then download the latest and reinstall.
and obviously while this worked for me, you're milage may vary...
good luck!
-philip
How about Netscape 7.2, browser & email client all in one and very stable, plus, the hackers rarely fiddle with it. Mozilla also has a free suite thats an all-in-one like Netscape. John
nospambob wrote:

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 11:18:28 -0700, nospambob wrote:

1.0.4? Mine was a bit flaky when I upgraded a few days ago. If your old version is still around, try uninstalling all your extensions, especially AdBlock. Check your proxy settings. Zap your cache. Double check your preferences. After a few burps and hiccups my upgrade is working fine. I had to fetch new extensions to get things back to normal. Good luck.
--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad scientist com