OT Damned txt messages come at the worst time!

http://www.leaderpost.com/news/Text+message+blows+suicide+bomber+accident/4172966/story.html
A "Black Widow" suicide bomber planned a terrorist attack in central Moscow on New Year's Eve but was killed when an unexpected text message set off her bomb too early, according to Russian security sources.
The unnamed woman, who is thought to be part of the same group that struck Moscow's Domodedovo airport on Monday, intended to detonate a suicide belt near Red Square on New Year's Eve in an attack that could have killed hundreds.
Security sources believe a message from her mobile phone operator wishing her a happy new year received just hours before the planned attack triggered her suicide belt, killing her at a safe house.
Happy New Year! Boom!
Gotta love it.
Well.... I don't know how they would know that, but I don't care. If I were doing that, someone would probably call me to wish me luck, then *bang*.
Great story, and I will be repeating it all day!
Thanks -
Robert

I think that a telemarketer of some sort would be funny too..or a robocall fundraiser?

A JDL fund raiser txt? And the message:
Oopsie! ;)
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Here's another:
"[POKHARA, Nepal] A retired Indian Gorkha soldier recently revisited those glory days when he thwarted 40 robbers, killing three of them and injuring eight others, with his khukuri [ceremonial knife] during a train journey."
http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/index.php?action=news_details&news_id '100
Evidently the reporter made a mistake in referring to the Ghurka as "retired." From the looks of it, Ghurkas are like Marines - once a Ghurka, always a Ghurka. There's no "retired" to it!

Woot! Taking on 40 guys with a knife. 40 armed guys. And he fought them for 20 minutes. With a knife.
The guy is a real life Walker Texas Ranger without the bad haircut. I would imagine that Bishnu Shrestha's tailor has one _hell_ of a time getting the guy's pants to fit around those enormous balls!
I knew the Ghurkas have a fearsome reputation, and apparently it's well deserved. There's a video on YouTube showing a kukri in action which I couldn't post in good conscience. Warning! It is not for the faint of heart.
On Feb 2, 4:35am, "Stormin Mormon"

Find me a LazyURL that does it automatically, and I'll use it. I'd look meself, but, well, I'm lazy. ;)
Thanx.
Note it's always a new nickname that spouts the garbage. The rest want to discuss woodworking, here.
You can always try being ugly and nasty to him or do what I do on very rare occasions, killfile. I really only do that when someone constantly spews foul and abusive language making continual personal attacks. You can also pretend the offender is a four year old who interrupts daddy when he's talking to other adults. :-)
TDD
On 2/03/11 1:07 PM, Josepi wrote:

I see you have seen the resident ass of rec.woodworking. Just like old Stormy in a.h.r (and a few others we have run across in our usenet travels), clueless, the clue-by-four upside the head hasn't worked yet.
--
Froz...

On 2/3/2011 12:42 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

What up Frozz? I noticed the guy top posted, don't know him or haven't directed any discussion at him/her/it. What is it a wooden version of Hatter? I just noticed the posts were linked to rec.working, not my doing, I really didn't pay attention but If the scalawag want's to claim ownership of a newsgroup, I could play, I kind of miss Lord Gurglrflop anyway. :-)
TDD