OT: Can you make your own OILCLOTH?

Page 2 of 2

I've got a bunch of Filson Tin Cloth and Shelter Cloth garments for extreme brush and woods hunting conditions. If you use "Filson's Original Oil Finish Wax" http://www.filson.com/1A.HTM you could probably soak the Carhart enough for it to be relatively water proof. I've retreated some of my heavily used Filson garments several times using the following methodology:
Put the tin in hot water to soften it up. Then spread a heavy coat of the wax on the garment and use a blow dryer to melt it in.
John