OT: Backup Software

Page 2 of 2
On 8/28/2016 9:39 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

There's alway clonezilla. http://clonezilla.org/
--
Jeff

I use Acronis. Mostly with success. I've had it give me troubles getting started but when it copied it always worked. I haven't asked it to do much - back up a PC and / or server in anticipation of a drive crash on the machine. Right now I'm in the process of moving from an Xp desktop to a Win10 laptop. The laptop is my 1st experience with 10 so the migration is a little bumpy. Acronis does have a validate function that basically does a file by file check for duplicity on a previous backup. It takes nearly as long as the backup but I've never had an Acronis restore fail. A 300 gig backup takes about 2 1/2 hours. A validate takes about 1 3/4. There. Now I jinxed myself. I gotta go now and sacrifice a chicken.
Steve
On 8/28/2016 6:43 AM, Puckdropper wrote:

I use "iDrive", an on line back up service. You pay for the amount of storage and you can have multiple computers or devices to back up to that account.
You can also manage your back ups by deleting obsolete data to keep your storage usage down.
I once used Carbonate but I could not delete obsolete data and after a year or so it was difficult to wade through the obsolete.