OT: Aspirin wood

Page 2 of 2
I like my chitlins and tripe well washed, too.
Of course I can always follow them with orange juice....
scribbled:

Willow bark use is two or three hundred year old practice in europe at least....mjh
-- http://members.tripod.com/mikehide2

Strangely enough, Aspirin (at least the Salicytic Acid component) does come from trees (willow, IIRC) (the other major component is Acetic Acid).
scott

Surprised no-one has mentioned it yet. Aspirin's active ingredient is salicylic acid, which takes its name from the willow's latin name - salix.
And don't forget quinine too - another bark extract.
Mike Hide writes:

Yeah, but you gotta boil that stuff before you can fry it, and the aroma of boiled chitlins would make a goat puke.
Charlie Self "Adam and Eve had many advantages but the principal one was that they escaped teething." Mark Twain