Oops - sanded away flat surface

Hi -
I have a 19 x 22 x 3/4 in. piece of birch ply with maple edging. It was meant as a simple router table top (nothing fancy; just sq/flat). The maple is 3/4" wide and I routed a groove in the ply edge and tongue on the maple. The topside of the maple needed a bit of tuning to bring it down flush with the ply. I planed the maple down most of the way then used the belt sander to finish (it's an underpowered Makita and is not especially aggressive; used worn 150g).
The problem is that I sanded into the birch ply in one corner too long where the straightedge reveals a definite gap relative to the center (and I can feel the bump running my fingers over it); in the 1/32" range:
The "X"s are the depression and are 3 in. from the edge and another 8 in. to the center. The edging ahead of it is not as depressed - I think the maple may have been angled (slightly) down toward the depression so the sander was pointed into the ply instead of parallel to it.
My question is (assuming there's no way to repair the depression which doesn't include sanding everything else down to it) should I position the depression on the outfeed side (bit is "A") or infeed side (bit is "B")? Does it matter?
Mike
--

mikeballard at symbol verizon period net

"If your main parachute fouls, deploy your reserve. If your reserve is
Mike wrote:>My question is (assuming there's no way to repair the depression which

Probably not, but I'd put the depression on the outfeed side. Bit is "A". Whatever "A" means! Tom Someday, it'll all be over....