Onan DJE generator update (Sunday 2)

Metalworkers and woodworkers may be interested in the cushioned carriage that I built for this generator.
See here:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/onan/Diesel/Carriage /
Some closeups reveal detais on how it is mounted. Basically everything where there is a tearing sort of stress, is bolted.
The generator runs great, although it is missing the shutoff switch. I switch it off by hand by pressing on the fuel shutoff lever. I ordered a new solenoid from an FW Murphy dealer and hope to get one on Monday and screw around with it. The pleasant surprise is that, even in its current shape, it is basically not very loud, not louder than my snowblower. I will run both tomorrow and compare to know for sure.
So, with some extra soundproofing, I may end up with something nice finally.
When it runs, the top platform vibrates a lot, the bottom one vibrates a lot less. I plan on having it lifted off the ground a bit, like on blocks, for the final installation. I can move it about and turn it by lifting one side. Thanks to all my deadlift exercises.
I will give the genset a good load test tomorrow and will build the electrical panel.
Hmmm,
Put a steering wheel, a seat, and an electric motor to drive one of the wheels and you will have yourself a hybrid automobile!

ROTFLMAO!!!
Ignoramus22980 wrote:
Ken.
--
http://www.rupert.net/~solar
Return address supplied by 'spammotel'

Ken, I did not see your email, and I am interested. Maybe some spam filters interfered. Could you resend it to ichudov @ algebra DOT com and ichudov AT yahoo DOT com, thanks a lot!
Bughunter wrote:

remove the tires on the small wheels, replacing them with a ridged belt between the front and rear wheels. Then using 4 rheostat controlled starter motors 2 running in opposite direction into a clutch attached to a wheel on each side. Now just add some armor plate and you could sell them to Rumsfield for use in Iraq.

--
Jim Baber
Email snipped-for-privacy@NOJUNKbaber.org