OLD WEIRD DRILL BIT ??????????? Please Help Identify This Tool

Does anyone know what this is used for?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item275935743&categoryA23
Don Corleone wrote:

I ran it through PhotoShoppe to lighten it up/bring out some detail and there are facets (tangs) at the top of the bit. I suspect it's a circle cutting bit for a brace.
UA100

Washer cutter. The central spike is for guidace only, the two cutters point downwards and slice a washer out of red fibre or lead sheet. Pretty common plumber's tool.
There's often a thicker single cutter that goes with it. That's a tank cutter for making holes in water tanks.
--
Smert' spamionam

Thanks for the help guys!
Don C.
On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 12:46:53 +0000, Andy Dingley

I believe that is a washer cutter.
Cheers, Mike

Ed Angell
I had one when I was a plumber in england cut out lead washers for the bottom of sinks, bath drains etc .
Don Corleone wrote:

Don wrote:
Group: rec.woodworking Date: Sat, Feb 21, 2004, 11:42am (EST+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@none.com (DonCorleone) Does anyone know what this is used for? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3275935743&category=4123 ***************************************************** It looks like a circle cutter and with the second blade it could also be a round gasket cutter.
I have a modern version that is almost identical.
Peace ~ Sir Edgar