Old Craftsman table saw

I need someone help in identifying the start capacitor for my saw. This saw 113.29903 was given to me by a friend. The top surface was very rusty and the parts in need of a lot of cleaning and adjustment. I have the saw back in working order but the motor needs a start capacitor. The capacitor was thrown away along time ago. Also would anyone know the age of this saw.
Motor Emerson KS55FN-349 1hp 115v 3450rpm
Thanks Steve
Steve wrote: Group: rec.woodworking Date: Tue, Jul 22, 2003, 7:28pm (EDT-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net I need someone help in identifying the start capacitor for my saw. This saw 113.29903 was given to me by a friend. The top surface was very rusty and the parts in need of a lot of cleaning and adjustment. I have the saw back in working order but the motor needs a start capacitor. The capacitor was thrown away along time ago. Also would anyone know the age of this saw. Motor Emerson KS55FN-349 1hp 115v 3450rpm Thanks Steve ****************************************************** I suggest taking it to a motor repair shop. It probably needs reconditioning anyway. It will be cheaper than buying a new motor and the old ones are better than the new ones. While it's bring refurbished you can work on the rusty table. Peace ~ Sir Edgar
In rec.woodworking snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Sir Edgar) wrote:

Steve,
Start caps are not critical if you err on the large side. I'd just browse a catalog and compare similar HP motors and see what they're using. Not enough could make it hard to start but too much is no big deal.
<<I need someone help in identifying the start capacitor for my saw. This saw 113.29903 was given to me by a friend. >>
Have you tried the Emerson Tool website? http://www.emersontoolcompany.com /
You didn't mention Sears. Have you tried the parts page? They have done great for me. Wilson

Try this site for many old tools and for your saw..
http://www.owwm.com /
http://files.owwm.com/PDF/Craftsman/113-29920.pdf
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

The capacitor on my motor does not have any markings. If you take it to a motor repair shop, they should be able to help.