Oh good -21

Ahhh the feel of a Wisconsin winter.Sucks

I'm in the banana belt of Ontario, Canada. 0 F. A bit balmy. I'd paint the porch, but the latex keeps freezing... so it's an oil-based kinda day. A bit windy though, blew the beams right off my headlights.
Robatoy wrote:

WTH? Move to Florida like the rest of your countrymen.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
On 05/02/2007 2:06 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Drove down from Dorset yesterday, not only 0F (maybe even a bit lower), but a tad snowy and icy too. Kinda funny seeing all those snowmobile trailers in the ditch. They might drive a sled real good, but they sure don't know how to drive the truck pullin' 'em.
Robatoy wrote:

downright balmy here with the 0500 trek to find the newspaper temperature (that is ambient temp, not the newspaper temp) in the 40s dF.     basking,     jo4hn

I'm in Wisconsin. It's actually kinda nice. Being sunny sure helps.
Oh, I have a basement shop.
Only 78 here in Burbank California but it did get down to 48 last night!

70 F - People in southern California put on coats and start "winterizing" the pool People in Buffalo ask "When is this heat wave going to be over?"
60 F - People in southern California put plastic on their windows and shut down the a/c for the year. People in Buffalo enjoy sun bathing by the pool and the a/c for sleeping.
50 F - People in southern California bundle up in hats, mittens and scarves. Beaches are deserted. People in Buffalo have a barbeque by the pool, put window fans in.
40 F - People in southern California crowd the stores to buy "designer" thermal underwear. Also start stock piling food to get through the harsh weather. People in Buffalo plant their gardens, mow their lawn, and trim the hedges.
30 F - People in southern California go into shock at the temperature. Shelters go out into the cold to find homeless people to make sure their safe. People in Buffalo enjoy swimming in their newly opened pool.
20 F - People in southern California go into hiding as the govenor declares a state of emergency. People are at a stand still. People in Buffalo put on a light jacket and start getting their lawn furniture out.
10 F - People in southern California start to panic. Food is scarce and a pair of wool sock fetches $1000 People in Buffalo enjoy a leisure walk in the brisk spring/fall air.
0 F - People in southern California perish. People in Buffalo decide to plastic the windows and take the window a/c out.
-10 F - Southern California falls into the ocean creating a new coastline. People in Buffalo ask "Is it chilly out?"
Allen
Allen Roy wrote:

It was 0 F yesterday with 30-40 MPH winds. I cooked some hotdogs on the grill.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Nova wrote:
> It was 0 F yesterday with 30-40 MPH winds. I cooked some hotdogs on the > grill. >
Have you climbed up on the roof and shoveled it off yet?
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Nah, too big of a chance of falling. I wait until the snow reaches the level that I can just walk onto the roof. ;-)
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Nova wrote:
> > Nah, too big of a chance of falling. I wait until the snow reaches the > level that I can just walk onto the roof. ;-) >
Had a guy that worked for me who lived in Buffalo.
At least once during the winter he had a "snow day" so he could shovel off his roof.
Lew
And yes Buffalo is ahead this year in the snowfall total at 59" versus 58" for Syracuse. Luckily I'm far enough south and east that we have only had 8" total.
Allen

Lew Hodgett wrote:

A "snow day" is when you have to "pole" to find your car. I've had a few.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Nova wrote:
> A "snow day" is when you have to "pole" to find your car. I've had a few.
All I know that it was in the mid 80's here today and -4F last night in North Central Ohio.
IMHO, I made the right decision by leaving.
Lew
Nova wrote:

Probably in shorts. <G>

C'mon Lee- it's not that bad. At least we haven't had much wind, and it's been sunny.
Whereabouts in Wisconsin are you?