Off-center router base

Page 3 of 3
Gerald Ross wrote:

... snip

Would sure like to find it. I looked at the Bosch cone, it's too small for all uses, it appears useful only for centering a bushing.

Rob Leatham
Mark & Juanita wrote:

Snip
Do you know a machinist? I turned a wood pattern and showed it to a friend who has a machine shop as a hobby. He quoted me $50-65 to make one from steel. Two or three months later he brought it to me. He was embarassed that it had taken so long and refused any payment. I did give his wife a nice bowl.
I would send you the pattern I turned, but can't seem to lay my hands on it right now.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Um, a real friend wouldn't have quoted you a price like that. It's a happy ten minute job (including smoothing and waxing) and a couple bucks worth of steel.

Y'mean a 1-1/4" diameter rod tapered at 45 degrees down to 1/2", then kept that diameter for 2"? Who needs a plan or a pattern?
If he kept a tit on the cone end, it could double as a toy top!
-- Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.
Gerald Ross wrote:

I'll have to hunt one down. I do like the approach.

Rob Leatham
On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 21:56:24 -0700, Mark & Juanita wrote:

It has been. Didn't you see my post on DeWalt router?

The Bosch EVS1617 has flat bottomed holes and pan head screws for adjustments.
Centered to the diameter and can get you within a few thousandths of cutter or collar center: http://patwarner.com/precision_subbase_kit.html **********************************************************************************************