odd, old wood working machine

I have an odd machine that has two separate parts. One part has a bunch of interchangeable cutters that turn 1/2" by 1/2" stock into dowels of various sizes. The other piece looks as if it cuts them all to a specific length, by placing them vertically in a circular holder, which then rotates past a cutter. I have no idea what this was originally used for, but it looks to me the only thing it might be good for is making wooden arrows, or some reason you would need lots of small dowels. Anyone ever see anything like this? I have no idea what to do with it...it's 3 phase, so I'm not sure how to even make it work.

is not there then they would appreciate a contribution of images and anything you know about it from personal experience.
http://www.oldwwmachines.com/ Something of an online museum.
Alex