O/T: Whee.............Not

Just received word from a guy, a native Angelo, a member one of my sailing lists who is in Christchurch, NZ for a year that he and his family are safe.
He was in a modern office building when the quake and it survived nicely; however, the home they were renting was totally destroyed.
A couple of other listees, native Kiwis, are also safe.
The search & rescue continues.
Lew

Good to hear Lew.

L:
I had a long conversation with an old friend in Christchurch yesterday.
Damage varies according to the obvious factors: distance from the shallow epicenter, building type and the immediately underlying soil.
Quakes are legal classed as natural occurences there and evidently not apart from normal insurance coverage under operation of the contrary exclusionary phrase we hear stateside. Aside from an understandable fatigue with this ongoing bout with tremors and the fatalistic lament over irreplaceable loss of life, my contacts seem to be moving industriously and admirably forward.
It was--as a Kiwi would say-- "dear" that they took time to thank us for the rescue teams we dispatched their way from our place on the Ring of Fire. Good people.
Regards,
Edward Hennessey