O/T: What are you getting the missus this year?

Page 1 of 3
http://adage.com/brightcove/single.php?bcpid 70868150&bctid130509001
Dave in Houston
Dave in Houston wrote:

http://bewareofthedoghouse.com/VideoPage.aspx
Much better link; thanks.

Dave in Houston wrote:

Ooooops - didn't realize they were the same thing as I was merely responding to your msg ;)

in fact, that I have survived -- not once, but *twice* -- giving my wife a vacuum cleaner.
For Christmas.
At her request.
Am I lucky, or what?
On Dec 10, 6:00pm, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:
undraware.com> wrote:

Not as lucky as me. Year before last, the wife asked for a compound miter saw. She got it.

Does she actually do anything with it? I've never been married, but my imagination likes to conjure a rich gorgeous wife with a great personality that is really into woodworking. I should be so lucky.
"Upscale" wrote:

Remember the lonely hearts ad from years ago.
Looking for lady who likes to fish and has bass boat with motor.
Send picture of boat and motor.
Lew

She does (a bit) were remodeling our house, room by room and she wants to learn woodworking. So every chance I get I let her do the cutting. She is gorgeous and has a great personality. The only problem is I have to work my butt off to afford her.

Is there trouble on my horizon? I watch her struggling with the clumsy, dirty bags, so I bought her a Dyson vortex bag-less. Same idea that works so well in the shop (Oneida). Is it such a horrible idea? The beige carpets really do need cleaning more than the once a week she manages to get in. What's so wrong with a gift that helps her do that?
Maybe my sarcasm meter is busted, but if not, you sir are going to the doghouse. And it's not even close . . .

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 13:11:01 -0600, "MikeWhy"

My cousin, knowing his step daughter had a desire to travel and see the world, gave her luggage as a high school graduation gift. Nothing says "get out of the house" quite like luggage !
Lenny
All alone, no kids, no shopping, no gifts. But I plan on getting myself a WorkShop WS3000. I guess if I had a wife I'd get her whatever she wants, within reason of course.
Dave in Houston wrote:
A nail gun.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Don't know, but I'm sure she'll tell me as soon as she decides.

Mine just said "A short cruise". Okay.

Lucky you. A quick trip to MacDonalds sounds like a pretty inexpensive gift.
A spiritual yoga retreat of her choosing, at Kripalu or Omega, alone...
I include "round trip luxury transportation", a.k.a. I drive her there and pick her up.
Everytime I do this, she says "Thank You" for months!

Brilliant!
This has been my plan for the holiday season for a number of years now:
http://tinyurl.com/5kvuwp
(leads to New Yorker cartoon)
Scott