O/T: Well maybe not, It's all in the name

Courtesy of Woodie Woodbury, a saloon singer in Ft Lauderdale many years ago:
At last I've found the perfect girl,
I could not ask for more,
She's deaf and dumb and over sexed,
And owns a liquor store.
Lew
On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 03:28:30 GMT, Lew Hodgett

Wow! It's been so long since I've heard that name I'd forgotten about it. We had a guy at work nicknamed Woody Woodbury so he sort of pushed the other one out of the memory banks.
You an old FLL guy? I grew up in Hollywood, from before the revolution until 1968, then again from '99 to '03.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
LRod wrote:
> Wow! It's been so long since I've heard that name I'd forgotten about > it. We had a guy at work nicknamed Woody Woodbury so he sort of pushed > the other one out of the memory banks. > > You an old FLL guy? I grew up in Hollywood, from before the revolution > until 1968, then again from '99 to '03.
Actually, I'm a worthless nut; AKA; a Buckeye, from Ohio, the Buckeye State", now living in SoCal.
Got tired of being up to my armpits in 6 ft of "partly cloudy", 6 months a year.
These days, if I want to see "partly cloudy", just open the door and look at the mountain top about 50 miles away.
Lew
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

How long ago, Lew? I first heard that one something like...jeez, between January and April, 1958 at Parris Island, SC.
Charlie Self wrote:
> How long ago, Lew? I first heard that one something like...jeez, > between January and April, 1958 at Parris Island, SC. >
You're in the right time frame.
I heard it in late '60.
Lew
On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 04:06:13 GMT, Lew Hodgett

Not as a ditty, but I was aware of the joke of the blind, deaf, mute girl whose father owned a liquor store from my yout in the '60s.
By the way, I just had to look it up and it's Woody, not Woodie. And for Charlie, he was a gyrene fighter pilot, too. Probably in your time frame--I didn't explore the webpage. http://www.woodywoodbury.com
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
LRod wrote:

His standard stage uniform consisted of a red T-shirt, a pair of fatigue pants as well as a fatigue hat.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

you trust?
Glen