O/T - This could spark some discussion

OK, you win the pissing up a rope contest ...

Reply to
LDosser

Now, it would be laughable, if it wasn't so damn sad, that it was the following remark in this thread that initiated our two small minded cavilers to get their collective panties twisted in such a fashion:

"As I've stated a number of times, we generally follow the UK about 5 to

10 years when it comes to social and cultural issues. "

Shame on both of you ... one would think you could find something more offending (and you both were obviously looking for an opportunity) to piss your pants and take exception to.

Discernment is obviously not your long suit, particular when it comes to the difference between "social and cultural", and your political and governmental interposition's.

Reply to
Swingman

Hey, you're the one pissing up the rope.

It doesn't even apply to your definition of "social and cultural". In fact, more of it goes the other way.

Reply to
LDosser

"Not really" ...

Reply to
Swingman

You trying to tell us that was rain? ;-)

Reply to
LDosser

Nope, just that, according to some, that particular phrase is apparently the definitive dismissal of anything it refers to. :)

Reply to
Swingman

There you go again! :()

Reply to
LDosser

Hey, guess what, removing every other word in your posts doesn't materially decrease the amount of sense you make.

Reply to
DGDevin

But it does make you look like a total ass for stooping to post a deliberate misquote.

Grow up ....

Reply to
Swingman