O/T: The Elephant In The Room

There is an elephant in the room today here in SoCal along with the wild fires that have consumed in excess of 10,000 acres.
It is the winds the blow in from the desert, often exceeding 60-70 MPH on a sustained basis.
The Gringos call these winds the "Santa Ana's", the natives call them the "Santana's", AKA: the "Devil Winds".
Whatever you call them, they are a formidable foe of the 1,400+ firefighters trying to fight these fires.
These winds carried the fire some 20+ miles from where they started in the Angeles National Forest to the edge of the tract houses, then across an 8 lane wide freeway to attack more houses.
The possibility exists that these fires could burn all the way to the Pacific Ocean before it burns out.
Time will tell.
These firefighters are a brave bunch of folks, they do an amazing job.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

but San Bernardino is doing its best to burn up. We have a firebreak and a thinned forest belt around our town now. That should help some.     mahalo,     jo4hn