O/T: It's Amusing

Page 2 of 2
On Sat, 09 May 2009 02:22:58 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"

One of the fundamental issues behind the American Revolution was the use of taxes to try to shape trade in the colonies. It was not much about the amount of the taxes, but quite a bit about the uses of them.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
Lew Hodgett wrote:
... snip

I'm sure you feel that way as long as they are getting people to do what *you* want them to do.
Having seen your answer later in the thread to someone else with OWH's quote, it's puzzling how you see that others driving of vehicles with which you disagree somehow are the equivalent to *you* being punched.
Government has stepped into more and more, just as the founders feared. California is probably one of the worst states in this -- looks like it's close to being completely bankrupted through its nanny-state policies. But instead of cutting those programs, the state is going to turn convicted criminals loose instead. Seems you'd be a bit more concerned about that than what cars people are driving. My guess is that you will rail against those who are about to turn down the massive tax increases on the ballot coming up.