O.T. Euphemism runs amok.

Page 3 of 3

What is very clear to me J is that you changed something to avoid my (and probably many other's) bozo bin.

He does that so he can get into more arguements. Her we go again!
@swbell.dotnet says...

Nope, I posted from my gmail account so I could see Robatwit's post.

ps.com...
Robatwit... how original Did you make that one up all by yourself?...Is that why it took you so long to reply?
snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMgmail.com says...

Depends on the aircraft. On a Cessna or the like there's a tab that is normally pressed down by its own weight and by dynamic pressure, but when angle of attack becomes high enough the low pressure area moves forward far enough on the wing to lift the tab, activating the warning.
On an aircraft with an angle of attack sensor, the angle of attack sensor would be the primary means of sensing an impending stall.
Not sure how one could get an effective stall warning from the difference in pressure between the pitot and static ports, all that gives you is airspeed.

In any case the incident occurred on a ferry flight during WWII, and the stall warning horn was not invented until sometime around 1947.

That makes sense. I sit corrected. Art
On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 20:47:47 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

You're being trolled, Toy.
-- Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

No I'm not.
On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 14:17:19 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

If you're in discourse with Clarke, you're being trolled.
-- Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman
Artemus wrote:

Do you reckon a PBY had a stall warning system?
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Heard and Saw one of those on a landing at LA from Santa Barbara. Little prop commuter with curtains for the door to the flight deck. We must have hit the wash from a big jet. Was real sphincter control watching the pilots wrestle us onto the ground in one piece. Some superb flying ...
--
"He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! "
Brian's Mum

And you are very close, but not quite official language.
It is "Controlled Flight Into Terrain."
--
Jim in NC