O/T: Beach Days

Yesterday and today were beach days(80+F).
Tomorrow in not only a holiday but also another beach day.
Sometimes living in SoCal is tough duty but beach days make it worthwhile<G>.
Lew
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Looks like tomorrow or Tuesday it's going to get depressingly warm and then freeze rain and ice. I'd rather it just stay cold and let things be. Temperatures between 30 and 45F aren't fit for human consumption.
24'x64' ice rink frozen and skatable for 2 weeks now, and 2 weeks before the thaw. The cold is so much more fun if you can play in it. :-)
Puckdropper
--
Never teach your apprentice everything you know.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
"Puckdropper" wrote:

-------------------------------------- That kind of crap is why I left. -----------------------------------

------------------------------------- Sounds like you should be talking to my neighbors, the Zamboni's.
BTW, your around Matoon, Il, if I remember.
Blaw-Knox and GE had facilities there at one time.
Are either of them still there?
Lew

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I'm actually around Peoria. I've no idea if Blaw-Knox or GE have facilities around Mattoon.
Puckdropper
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
"Puckdropper" wrote:

-------------- My mistake.
Are they still running the paddle wheeler in the Illinois River at Peoria?
Strictly a river ride, not a gambling version.
Got some customers who are in the ethanol business near Peoria.
Small world.
Lew
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

They sure are. The Spirit of Peoria goes up the river quite often. We went on a cruise where they served dinner and headed up towards Chillicothe. It was quite a nice trip. Way more fun than going on one of those floating cities and being trapped for a week.
The gambling boat actually had to take a trip somewhere because of a new state law. It hadn't gone anywhere in 10 years or more.
Puckdropper
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Puckdropper wrote the following:

Tonight Cloudy. Snow after midnight. Snow accumulation around an inch. Evening lows around 16...then slowly rising temperatures overnight. East winds around 5 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent. Tuesday Snow and freezing rain. Total snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches. Ice accumulation of up to one quarter of an inch. Highs in the lower 30s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
Tuesday Night Cloudy. Freezing rain and sleet likely in the evening...then a chance of freezing rain...snow and sleet after midnight. Little or no additional snow accumulation. Additional moderate ice accretion likely. Near steady temperature around 30. North winds 5 to 10 mph...becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Wednesday Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain...freezing rain and snow in the morning...then a slight chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 30s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 30 percent. Wednesday Night Partly cloudy. Lows around 15.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
"Puckdropper" <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote

I always wanted to do that. I grew up in NW Ohio, and played a lot of "sand lot" hockey.
Did you line the bottom with plastic, or anything?
--
Jim in NC


Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I've got 2 sheets of plastic on there. The rink should be able to withstand a complete thaw and refreeze with the only water loss being to evaporation. It's the only way to go for most of the country and a good portion of Canada.
Puckdropper
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Some people do that, but it's not absolutely necessary. If the ground is frozen, and not too sandy, it might take a bit more water, but it's easier in the Spring - you don't do anything and the rink disappears! You do need edging, of course.
R
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Lew Hodgett wrote:

I can't explain it. Californians LOVE the state's weather so much they're willing to put up with high taxes, a dysfunctional government, brush fires, mud slides, earthquakes, and a ban on outdoor barbecues.
They could eliminate all the problems by moving to, say, Maine and turning up the thermostat.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You could stop right there with all of your posts without any loss of information and with a bonus of improved veracity and self- awareness. :)~
R
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
RicodJour wrote:

I made you look, though.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.