O/T: About Beer

Page 1 of 2
Thought you would like to know.
Lew -------------------------------- Beer contains female hormones
Last month, National University of Lesotho scientists released the results of a recent analysis that revealed the presence of female hormones in beer.
Men should take a concerned look at their beer consumption.
The theory is that beer contains female hormones (hops contain phytoestrogens) and that by drinking enough beer, men turn into women.
To test the theory, 100 men drank 8 pints of beer each within a 1 hour period.
It was then observed that 100% of the test subjects:
1) Argued over nothing. 2) Refused to apologize when obviously wrong. 3) Gained weight. 4) Talked excessively without making sense. 5) Became overly emotional. 6) Couldn't drive. 7) Failed to think rationally. 8) Had to sit down while urinating.
No further testing was considered necessary.
Lew Hodgett wrote,on my timestamp of 28/03/2011 2:08 PM:

Hehehe! Good one! Thanks, made my day.

Misogynistic claptrap. Funny as hell, but misogynistic claptrap. I mean, it is in the same vein as "why do women wear white at their wedding?" A: So they match the other appliances.

No more stainless steel or avocado appliances? That syle is out again?
--
Best regards
Han

LOL... oh my.... that reminds me of an apartment I rented in Toronto in the early 70's. Dark Brown/Gold 'sunburst' appliances, orange shag throughout and blue bathroom fixtures with matching seat-cover and rug... That was some plug-ugly place, but it was in The Beaches!!
Robatoy wrote the following:

I'm sorry, but I can't see calling a lake shore a beach. :-)
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Good thing you used a smiley. These 'lakes' are actually more like inland oceans. Lake Superior has a surface area of 31,820 square miles (82,413 km2), [1] which is approximately the size of South Carolina. I remember having a pint (ON topic) with the skipper of a Monrovian bulk carrier who made a voyage from Thunder Bay to Sault St Marie during a bit of 'weather' in December... his face was still as white as the cheeks of my ass. (We didn't actually compare as such, but....) He told me in no uncertain terms that he had never seen anything like it. Big waves with a short wavelength pounded the shit out of his ocean going boat, stuff broke, crew panicked. It's one thing to ride a 40ft wave, another if there are three in a row within the length of your ship. Those waves are called Three Sisters and will mess you up real good.... you know snap 25,000+ ton ships in half like The Edmund Fitzgerald. Water like that gets to have beaches, shorelines stop being shorelines if you can't see the other side.
On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 08:17:58 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Ah, more explanation of his wife's tastes. ;)

I spent all my teen years in California, so the only question which should be asked is "CAN IT BE SURFED?" If so, it's a beach.
Well, I quit surfing early on and moved to skimboarding, so my definition reluctantly expanded to accept gulfs and large lakeshores as beaches.
-- If the only prayer you ever say in your whole life is "thank you," that would suffice. -- Meister Eckhart
Robatoy wrote the following:

Back in the late 60s, I visited Canada and went down to Lake Erie. It wasn't Summer and there was no one at the Beach, but the dead fish smell was terrible. I hope they cleaned it up.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

"willshak" wrote:

Betty Cleric, a reporter for the old Cleveland Press went on a crusade about 1965.
I remember collecting petitions for her.
Her crusade got people fired up getting the "movers & shakers" involved.
Phosphates were eliminated from laundry detergents over the vigorous objections of Proctor & Gamble.
Cities were required to build waste water treatment facilities and stop direct waste water discharge into Lake Erie.
Steel mills had to stop direct discharge of pickle liquor into the rivers that discharged into Lake Erie.
Most of the steel mills went out of business rather than comply.
It was an amazing transition.
Lake Erie was being declared a "dead lake" in the mid 1960s.
By 1980, Erie was clean, something nobody had been able to forecast.
The fact that Lake Erie is rather shallow probably had something to do with it.
Fishing tournaments returned, the commercial fishing left US waters, but remained in Canada for a few years.
Ohio tax coffers filled with tourist $, fishing equipment tax $, etc.
New marina facilities were built not only on the US side but also on the Canadian side.
Amazing what happens when man stops mucking up his nest.
Global warming anyone?
Lew
No thanks. There are enough scams out there without the biggest one yet.
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Amazing what happens when man stops mucking up his nest.
Global warming anyone?
Lew

Particularly considering the Cuyahoga river fires ...

That smell was coming from a Lake Erie beach near Monroe, Michigan and my dog was rolling in the dead fish as I ran down slope screaming "NO!,&**&^%!! NO!!). Could you hear screaming?
"Robatoy" wrote:

Lake Superior has a surface area of 31,820 square miles (82,413 km2), [1] which is approximately the size of South Carolina. I remember having a pint (ON topic) with the skipper of a Monrovian bulk carrier who made a voyage from Thunder Bay to Sault St Marie during a bit of 'weather' in December... his face was still as white as the cheeks of my ass. (We didn't actually compare as such, but....) He told me in no uncertain terms that he had never seen anything like it. Big waves with a short wavelength pounded the shit out of his ocean going boat, stuff broke, crew panicked. It's one thing to ride a 40ft wave, another if there are three in a row within the length of your ship. Those waves are called Three Sisters and will mess you up real good.... you know snap 25,000+ ton ships in half like The Edmund Fitzgerald. Water like that gets to have beaches, shorelines stop being shorelines if you can't see the other side. --------------------------------------- Lake Erie, being the most shallow (the western third only averages about 30 ft) of the Great Lakes, is also the nastiest one to sail.
There are more wrecks on the bottom of Lake Erie that all of the other lakes combined.
Lew

Absolute nonsense.
Great Lakes shipwrecks by lake, 1679 through 1974: Michigan, 116 Superior, 111 Erie, 107 Huron, 96 Ontario, 44 (Source: Shipwrecks of the Lakes; Bowen, Dana Thomas; Freshwater Press; Cleveland)
Learn to read more closely "nonsense" boy
How many are still on the bottom, as he stated?
Do you ever add information or just snipe?
------------------------------- "Doug Miller" wrote in message wrote: There are more wrecks on the bottom of Lake Erie that all of the other lakes combined.

A salvaged shipwreck is no longer a shipwreck?
Also...in Lew's example of Lake Erie wrecks, I'm sure he's included the hundreds of pleasure craft that drunk 'sportsmen' have strewn about the lake bottom. How big a ship does it have to be to make The List?
On 3/29/2011 6:44 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Not a sailor by any stretch, but when I was working on an offshore seismograph crew in my younger days the real sailors, who crewed our motor vessels, always made it known that it was a "boat" if it would fit on the deck of a "ship".
Considering some of the super tankers afloat these days, that might have changed.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010