O'Malley power tools?

Page 1 of 2
O'Malley power tools
Anyone know about them? Are they made in the USA? Are they acceptably good tools and worth buying?
http://store.yahoo.com/omalleytoolcompany/index.html
Thanks all who can help,
Alex

Their own web site states that their tools are made in China and Taiwan.
todd

hmmph! I never found that, this might be a traveling Irish trip... I hope not. Alex
Acceptably good? Not for me. For you, maybe. Their plate joiner is $59. That does not equate to something that will endure. I see their 18 volt cordless drill costs $49. A ho-hum 18 volt battery will cost more than that.

Okay so as far as price, we really get what we pay for. What I need is a hand- held jig-saw for a low price. I need to cut circles in plywood for chair seats.
Alex
See the current thread "Bit The Bullet Today".
Then ask O'Deen (or just about anyone who has ever owned a crappy jig saw) about owning a crappy jig saw.
Some things juts ain't worth paying less for.
UA100, PC jig saw owner...
Unisaw A100 wrote:

I had one of those crappy jig saws. It was lime green and wore a "Rockwell" label. It should have been lemon yellow.
-- Jack Novak, now a Bosch jig saw owner Buffalo, NY - USA (Remove "SPAM" from email address to reply)

Life is far, far too short indeed to endure the shame of a cheesy jigsaw.
O'Deen - 65 days
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Patrick Olguin) wrote in message

But yours was good enough to saw through that w*rkm*tt, no? BTW, where's my shipment, Paddy? :-)

Chuck Vance (21 days)
snipped-for-privacy@txstate.edu (Conan The Librarian) wrote in message

That was a 13 amp worm-drive Skilsaw, Chuck. Nothing cheesy bout dat, 'specially with the brand new carbide tipped blade onnit. The score - carbide 1, sheet metal 0.
In the jigsaw department, I did manage to bag a 50's era B&D saw at the local flea a little while back. Had to cough up eight bucks for it, the bastards. All aluminum case and everything working well. Geeze Keeter, these old powuh tools are kinda interesting.

Going outside this very second to cut, pack, ship, 'mano.
O'Deen (66 days)
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Patrick Olguin) wrote in message

Ooops, my bad.

Nice driveby. I paid full price for my jigsaur several years back. Got the Bosch 1587 and it has done everything I've asked of it. Of course it also sits on a shelf a good portion of the time.

Cool, thanks. So have you played around with the mesquite hunk I sent you yet?

Chuck Vance (22 days)

Take, for example, what I did today. I had to make fill blocks to frame out four window openings, out of small blocks of 2X6. Each block had stepped out notches in it. If the only kind of jigsaw that was available was the cheesy kind, I would have found some other way to do it because it would have taken forever and the cuts would have been all over the place. The Bosch was even good for ripping out long 3 ft sections.
For short term use a plan old B&D saber or jig saw does a good job. I have a top of the line skill that I paid about $100 for a few years back and it is still doing a great job several hours month for the past six years. Neither are PC's and will not hold up as well but they do cut and do what they are supposed to do.

$59.
will
hand-
seats.

Damn, you have a twisted sense of humor. I have one of them. It is good for cutting things like butter, stalks of celery, maybe a steak bone if you don't care about tolerances. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

hand-
seats.
Big Lots usually has $29 jigsaws. FWIW - I wouldn't scrimp on a jigsaw...
js wrote:

I started the thread about biting the bullet. It's a direct result of trying to cut a gentle curve with a POS Black and Decker jigsaw. Emphasis on "trying". I ended up smoothing it out quite a bit with a rasp and a sander.
Aside from the saw beating me to death with its vibration, it didn't even approximate following the line.
I could not believe the difference between that $30 B&D jigsaw and the $169 Bosch I replaced it with. I wasn't beaten to death, it followed curves just fine, and it cut through thick oak like it was butter.
If you want crap, but crap. If you want circles in plywood, save yourself a lot of agravation and buy something worth owning.
I set my B&D out by the street. Maybe someone will steal it.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:28:18 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
QUICK, go grab it back! Put it up on Ebay and you could end up paying for the Bosch entirely with the winnings. The double-priced Griz planer was a recent example.

$169
just
Agreed - in my case the Craftsman went for $10 at a garage sale when the Milwaukee showed up. Unbelievable the difference.

Don't do that! Tomorrow there will be 3 more along with it.....
Q: Where are you tools manufactured? A: All of our tools are manufactured in either China or Taiwan. All of our partner manufacturing facilities are either ISO2001 or ISO2002 certified for quality assurance.