Night Stands

My current project is a bedroom set, I'm working on the night stands right now. you can see what so far at

, I haven't made very many drawers before and I'm undecided which way to go, cause I'm building this project with out any plans.

Reply to
Don Cross

Looks pretty good so far Don however for night stands I'd nix the Kitchen/Bathroom drawer slides. If you must, the better built full extension slides are much stronger and smoother. Better still, if you can, build web frames to actually support and provide a sliding surface for your drawers. These are simple squares normally made up of 3/4" x 2" wide pieces of wood joined with stub tenons and can have a dust panel in the center if you wish. A drawer built to 1/16" - 3/32"" narrower in width and height to the drawer opening will permit the drawer to be pulled almost all the way out before it tips. No metal hardware showing at all.

Reply to
Leon