Newbie - Covering a seam

I have a project that I need to butt two pieces of stock together but want to stain the end product. Is there anything I can do to eliminate the visibility of the seam?
Thanks,
Scott

Put a strip of duct tape over it.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

    j4
Veneer
Scott Cadreau wrote:

Not really...
However, if you match grain, are VERY precise with your cuts, and sand really smooth, you might make it less noticable.
Scott Cadreau wrote:

You might be able to "fake it" by trying to use a combination of glaze and stain. If you are really good with a glaze and a dry brush you might be able to create some fake grain. This works OK on darker finishes, but if you're talking about a light stain, I'm not sure you can do much more than try to match the grain in alignment.
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:21:52 -0700, "Scott Cadreau"

possibly a v shaped bit(chamfer bit) and run along a seam to make it look like part of the design.
--
Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com