Newbie - Covering a seam

I have a project that I need to butt two pieces of stock together but want to stain the end product. Is there anything I can do to eliminate the visibility of the seam?

Thanks,

Scott

Reply to
Scott Cadreau

Put a strip of duct tape over it.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
David

Not really...

However, if you match gra> I have a project that I need to butt two pieces of stock together but want

Reply to
FriscoSoxFan

You might be able to "fake it" by trying to use a combination of glaze and stain. If you are really good with a glaze and a dry brush you might be able to create some fake grain. This works OK on darker finishes, but if you're talking about a light stain, I'm not sure you can do much more than try to match the grain in alignment.

Reply to
captmikey

Don't know if it'll work in your case, but I have taken a router bit, possibly a v shaped bit(chamfer bit) and run along a seam to make it look like part of the design.

Reply to
Paul O.

Made me LOL. j4

Reply to
jo4hn

Paul,

Thank you. That will work for this application.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Cadreau