new unisaw motor

There are few 1 1/2HP unisaw motors to be had these days. Delta were the only ones to offer a replacement at a cost of over $600. all the others ,even the 3HP versions were a little under half that cost . I don't mind a reasonable mark up but I would class that as a ripoff.....mjh

Have you checked Northern Tool? They have Leeson motors at very reasonable prices. I know the frame can be touchy on the Unisaws but it might be worth a look. They have a 2HP Leeson TEFC for $209.99 http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeIdi70&productId 0306779&R 0306779

The frame on a Unisaw motor is nothing like any standard motor frame I have ever seen.
You get a Baldor 3 HP for about $350. For an extra $140 over the Lesson, you would get an extra HP and the exact fit.
Supposedly Grizzly had a replacement motor for around $250, but I can't find it on the website.
Brian Elfert

Are you looking for a 1 1/2 HP replacement? In what area do you live?

1.5 is no longer a production motor. Big cost in small lots.
Woodworkers supply has a HP right tilt for around $290. Marathon. Marathon was the OEM motor until the beginning of 2005 and still has production tooling and inventory so my guess they are selling through WW supply until they use it all up.
This page has some hints for mounting standard motors, which you might want to consider:
<http://www.owwm.com/FAQ/UnisawMotors.asp